Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - How to Hack an elevator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Engman
Ever want to make an elevator an express elevator just for yourself? Here is how it is done.

How to Hack an elevator

Now you too can amaze your friends.

M
Aaron Cox
nice....im gonna try it next time i see an elevator
URY914
ain't the internet great...
ematulac
Nice.

Wish I'd known this when I worked in a high rise.
tdgray
That'll come in handy when doing the horizontal bop in a elevator..... biggrin.gif

Not that I have ever done that mind you wink.gif
MattR
Hah, we have a bunch of elevators at school... im going to put that to use.
Midtowner
I recommend that you hit the sandbox first just in case if you get stuck! wacko.gif
michel richard
Tried it twice, today, from the 19th floor. Got down without a stop both times, which is something that happens once in a while in any event.
Only thing is, it's kinda hard to figure out it it was just a coincidence. Cerainly, it looks like this might be for real. If I make it straight down each time for the next 2 - 3 days, I'll be pretty convinced.

Michel Richard
In elevatored Montreal
Jenny
Damn! I really want to try this, but work on the second floor of a two story building. dry.gif

Jen
Rand
laugh.gif Me too.
Elliot_Cannon
I live half my life in very high hotels and I can't wait to try this one. Thanks.
Cheers, Elliot
MattR
It didnt work today in the engineering building at school. I looked like an ass in front of a girl sad.gif
bd1308
story story....

do tell.
Rand
Got down without a stop both times, which is something that happens once in a while in any event.
Only thing is, it's kinda hard to figure out it it was just a coincidence.

I'm thinking you could test this by hitting a floor# button between you and your destination, keep the door open, then hit door-open+destination floor#, and see where you stop first. If it skips the intermediate floor and goes straight to your destination floor, you know it works.

Hmm... I wonder *when* this works... does it have to be before the door closes, or is it an immediate override... idea.gif What if you were in route to a floor, then did the button combo... Guess I need to take a trip downtown and experiment. No, enough distractions... I need to work on my car!

laugh.gif Funny Matt. Yes do tell. But always remember to *test* before showing off. biggrin.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (MattR @ Aug 3 2005, 06:07 PM)
It didnt work today in the engineering building at school. I looked like an ass in front of a girl sad.gif

I'm sure not the first or last time....and the beat goes on..... happy11.gif
pfierb
I can't believe that I am reading this!!!
URY914
I'm building a hospital addition right now and were putting in Otis Elevators. I'll ask my rep if this is for real.

P
bd1308
it is for real. I was on a cruise ship and got tired of stopping every floor. Two button combo worked like a charm!

smile.gif
MattR
QUOTE (jimtab @ Aug 3 2005, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (MattR @ Aug 3 2005, 06:07 PM)
It didnt work today in the engineering building at school.  I looked like an ass in front of a girl sad.gif

I'm sure not the first or last time....and the beat goes on..... happy11.gif

actually it was the first time rolleyes.gif

basically i was hyping this thing up with her on the way to the elevator, not intentionally. then we tried it and no luck. Not really too interesting...

moral of the story:
1) read stupid stuff on the internet
2) test it out
3) show it off
4) do something else to make an ass of yourself biggrin.gif
DonTraver
It works, cool.
michel richard
Looks like the two straight shots that I had before were coincidence: I got stopped twice today on my way down. So, it does'nt work in the elevators in my office.

Absolutely nothing was lost by trying.

Michel Richard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.