Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIX Firewall Shift Rod Bushing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AvalonFal
Need to replace the now missing firewall shift rod bushing on my '74 2.0L and was thinking about this screw on/rivet RIX bushing instead of the push-in stock one. Anybody have any experience using it?? About 2-3x the cost.
Thanks, Paul

Click to view attachment
yellowporky
Get the tangerine racing one it is a great product. This Rix one looks like it will be as sloppy as the original
914werke
I think it cost more partly due to material, delrin vs whatever nylon the OE piece is made from. Also isn't what is depicted the conversion bushing?
AvalonFal
QUOTE(914werke @ May 31 2022, 11:46 AM) *

I think it cost more partly due to material, delrin vs whatever nylon the OE piece is made from. Also isn't what is depicted the conversion bushing?

Got the pic from the RIX website. The description says:

"914 '73-'76 Racing Shift Rod Bushing - Replacement firewall bushing for Porsche 914 model years '73-'76. CNC designed and machined, made of Delrin..."

Paul
bdstone914
I have used them and they work fine.

He also makes a snap in bushing that is easy to install and costs less. I dont know that the harder Delrin is any advantage. You are not likely to wear out anyvrep lm acement bushing.
The Tangerine Racing sperical one is better and costs more.
Mikey914
The question is what you are trying to accomplish. He makes a conversion for tail shift to side shift, we sell those (his). But if you simply want to replace the bushing, the OEM style works well.
BillJ
I installed the red non racing rix part and was both easy to install and car still shifted nicely.
Geezer914
I second the Tangerine bushing. aktion035.gif
GBX0073
Put more Tang in your 914

Go with the Chris solution @ Tangerine Racing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.