Full Version: Crush Zone- anyone?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MM1
2 classic creatures - hopefully they don’t “go bump in the night.”

Or in the day.

Or anytime.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
All the pick ups in my area are jacked up higher that that.
JamesM
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 31 2022, 08:53 AM) *

Seriously. All the "truck bros" around here are driving rigs jacked up so much that the fist thing their front bumper will hit might be the top of the Targa bar, if that.
tygaboy
Turn the 914 around and give yourself an even bigger scare... blink.gif
MM1
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 31 2022, 11:53 AM) *

Yep-stock height for Ol’ Jimmy.
MM1
QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 31 2022, 12:32 PM) *

Turn the 914 around and give yourself an even bigger scare... blink.gif

Really-that would be just a ramp for one of these - especially the “high-rise” versions.
Craigers17
Park them side by side.....lessens the chance of an inadvertent crushing.

Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
We need one of those oil field flag poles that stick up to about 8' so you can find your rig in the bushes
914Sixer
What scares the hell out of me is the off ramp barriers are taller than the 914. NO one can see the 914 until it reaches the end of the barrier. Several scary moments in the past. Almost need a sand rail antenna.
flipb
I parked in my friend's neighborhood the other day for a Graduation Party and came back to find some Truck Bro asshole had parked like this.

Click to view attachment
Justinp71
I knew a guy that got in a head on collision in a 914 with I think a truck or suv. He believed the 914 saved him because the truck just went over the top of him and used the 914 front end like a ramp.
Big Len
I know the feeling...
Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
Group buy av-943.gif Click to view attachment
930cabman
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Jun 1 2022, 02:50 PM) *

I knew a guy that got in a head on collision in a 914 with I think a truck or suv. He believed the 914 saved him because the truck just went over the top of him and used the 914 front end like a ramp.

SCARY!!!

I suppose the guy should have bought a few lottery tickets
mepstein
Bigger 914
r_towle
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 1 2022, 05:07 PM) *

I know the feeling...
Click to view attachment

Really kind of a scary pic
FlacaProductions
Did his bumper completely clear the right tit? Lucky that the hitch receiver didn't line up with a tit...

QUOTE(flipb @ Jun 1 2022, 11:25 AM) *

I parked in my friend's neighborhood the other day for a Graduation Party and came back to find some Truck Bro asshole had parked like this.

Click to view attachment
euro911

Click to view attachment

Yeah, I hate it when some schmuck parks his or her 914 under the bumper of my truck mad.gif

laugh.gif
jrmdir
Not sure this is relevant, and it needs a caption, but I thought it somehow fit in here smile.gif

Click to view attachment
flipb
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Jun 2 2022, 01:54 PM) *

Did his bumper completely clear the right tit? Lucky that the hitch receiver didn't line up with a tit...

Click to view attachment

I didn't notice evidence of a "touch" -- it was all a matter of millimeters. Notice too that the truck has a rear-view camera; it wasn't a mistake!
bkrantz
QUOTE(jrmdir @ Jun 2 2022, 12:24 PM) *

Not sure this is relevant, and it needs a caption, but I thought it somehow fit in here smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Future 914 owner.
MM1
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jun 2 2022, 09:26 PM) *

QUOTE(jrmdir @ Jun 2 2022, 12:24 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Future 914 owner.

lol-2.gif
mmichalik
QUOTE(flipb @ Jun 2 2022, 11:28 AM) *

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Jun 2 2022, 01:54 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I didn't notice evidence of a "touch" -- it was all a matter of millimeters. Notice too that the truck has a rear-view camera; it wasn't a mistake!

Pardon my language here but, I have to say that that is just a total dick move by the truck owner.
mlindner
How about the door size.Click to view attachment
MM1
Uh. . . wow. Glad I have a ‘73 and a ‘74 - the ol’ door beam should save me. . .right? sad.gif
porschetub
We don't have many full size US trucks here but makes little differance as the drivers of small size Ford Rangers and Toyota Hiluxs and other brands which everybody has appear to believe their d#ck is bigger if they drive right up your ass,it really pisses my off TBO,regardless of what I'am driving sad.gif .
To a lesser extent it probably not such an issue here ,however we all tend to not always remember how small our cars are !!.
Stay safe ok,cheers.
ClayPerrine
I always say driving a 914 in Texas is like riding a motorcycle. You have no protection from all the rednecks in big pickups. So just assume everyone is out to kill you, and drive appropriately.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.