Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Montana Car in the Wild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
Driving by an automotive shop near the edge of Bozeman the other day, a white VW beetle convertible caught my eye and then, "Holy stromberg.gif !" This was behind it.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Got the VIN and added it to the database (wasn't listed). There was a 928 parked outside the building too. Might have to stop by and chat some day.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(bbrock @ May 31 2022, 02:37 PM) *

Driving by an automotive shop near the edge of Bozeman the other day, a white VW beetle convertible caught my eye and then, "Holy stromberg.gif !" This was behind it.
Click to view attachment

Got the VIN and added it to the database

Way to Go !
Dion
Cool, luggage rack, quad exhaust ,amco nerf bar, & door strips, yep it’s a keeper! Is that a Rabbit next to the 914? Always thought they were neat. Especially MK1 GTi’s.
bbrock
QUOTE(Dion @ May 31 2022, 07:36 PM) *

Is that a Rabbit next to the 914? Always thought they were neat. Especially MK1 GTi’s.

It is indeed. I was in a bit of a hurry but should have looked at it a little more. Quite a few cool cars at that place. The European car specialty shop is on the opposite side of town. They are real Porsche people and have a 914, but stopped working on air cooled cars and mostly have spendy new cars in their lot. Makes me wonder if this shop is the go-to place for cool cars with a bit more patina.

I have never liked those door strips but the luggage rack and nerf bar is cool. I should have snapped a shot of the interior. I bit worn but had a well-worn Amco shift knob and a few other goodies.
burton73
QUOTE(bbrock @ May 31 2022, 06:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Dion @ May 31 2022, 07:36 PM) *

Is that a Rabbit next to the 914? Always thought they were neat. Especially MK1 GTi’s.

It is indeed. I was in a bit of a hurry but should have looked at it a little more. Quite a few cool cars at that place. The European car specialty shop is on the opposite side of town. They are real Porsche people and have a 914, but stopped working on air cooled cars and mostly have spendy new cars in their lot. Makes me wonder if this shop is the go-to place for cool cars with a bit more patina.

I have never liked those door strips but the luggage rack and nerf bar is cool. I should have snapped a shot of the interior. I bit worn but had a well-worn Amco shift knob and a few other goodies.

I have always liked the luggage racks but never liked the rub strips. I just think the people would not like them on my 6

Bob B
bkrantz
Very cool. I remember the Amco ads in the back of car magazines (along with ads for Cibie lights and those new-fangled radial tires).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.