Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributor?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Boothy
Folks,
Happy almost summer! I'm FINALLY ready to put the engine back in and looking at the distributor.

I have a 1.7 with a big bore kit, cam, balanced crank, Webers. I have the old distributor with the FI. Should I use that? Get a Mallory?

I went through the Pertronix experience with another car. Ended up being such a pain that I ripped it out and went back to an 009.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
914sgofast2
The only way to go these days is with a new 123Distributor with programable advance curves. You will probably gain horsepower and drive-ability over using the old FI Djet dizzy or the dreaded 009 dizzy.
mobymutt
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Jun 1 2022, 02:58 PM) *

The only way to go these days is with a new 123Distributor with programable advance curves. You will probably gain horsepower and drive-ability over using the old FI Djet dizzy or the dreaded 009 dizzy.

I agree 100%! Finally got mine installed last year, and it's so much easier to set up and tune, and then basically no maintenance.
Chaznaster
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Jun 1 2022, 02:58 PM) *

agree.gif
Boothy
beerchug.gif

Thanks all! Never thought I'd spend that much on a dizzy but I am looking for an easier life.

So where you're programming your advance you go without vacuum and plug the port on the carb? I see the Porsche 912 / 914 / 356 / VW 411E / 412E / 1600E 123ignition Distributor Switched W/O Vacuum Includes Spacer

For my own education, is the Type 1 dizzy physically different from the Type 4? I see some have had to modify tin but...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.