Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pelican Parts Open House June 4th.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
I was only there for a couple of hours - grabbed a breakfast burrito and looked around a bit, but mainly hung out with a couple of friends from 914 World. Hadn't seen them for several years, although I talk with Glenn Sager on the phone every now & then.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

One of those 'six degrees of separation' things, after Tweeks left California, Pelican started up not far from where I worked in El Segundo. I'd run over there and will-call parts orders at lunch or after work.

When I retired, Pelican moved to a building in Harbor City, half way between my CA home and the shop my brother and I shared (also in Harbor City). The first time I went to pick up an order at the new place, I immediately recognized the building - I was a radio repair technician for Pathcom (PACE Radios) in that same building back in the mid-70s.

A later year, but my '64 911 is also silver, so I'm always drawn to them tongue.gif

Click to view attachment

Some shots inside the showroom ...

'50s Fiat race car:

Click to view attachment

Type 616 (356 motor):

Click to view attachment

Cool cut-away model:

Click to view attachment

'57 MBZ 190 roadster:

Click to view attachment

'60s BMW 700

Click to view attachment

Nice 4-lane slot car track:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I miss the days of my youth - when slot car tracks were abundant in my home town.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.