Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Late riser
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
Had a chance to pull the 914 out from storage today. It was there too long given some family events demanding my time this year.

1973 2.0 Bahia red. All original. 47k miles. I’ve owned it for about 8 years now. Original owner had it for 41 years.

The last two times I’ve taken it out of storage several injectors leaked at the seals. A couple sealed themselves after some careful running of the engine at idle but I had to replace seals on one injector. Is this typical when taking these cars out of storage? I lived in Atlanta for the first six years so the car was never in longer term storage.

Enjoy your summer driving.

ctc911ctc
love the high stance of a new (like new) 914 first.gif
Freezin 914
Love to see the Wisconsin 914 crew!! Car looks great! beerchug.gif
mlindner
Yes, another beautiful 914 example in WI. thanks for posting. Mark
mb911
Awesome. Mine was out today as well. Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
Beautiful 914 for sure. I wouldn't call the injector seal leak "typical" after storage but it's not an uncommon, either.

Mine has done the same thing yours did. Now part of my process the first couple of times i get it out at the beginning of the season is to just let it idle for 10 mins and just take a good look around the engine bay.
worn
Nice car. Same red as my six conversion. Today was certainly teener weather. I spent it cutting out rust and removing rubber sealant from the ‘76. For those living elsewhere, you can be sure it won’t snow in June July or August here. I am a transplant but I have seen snow here in southern Wisconsin in every other month. As Janis would sing “Get it while you can “.
anderssj
Absolutely beautiful.
bkrantz
What a cool time capsule!

But you are missing all the fun of replacing half the sheet metal and renovating a worn out engine.
mlindner
Its a great day when you can take your Porsche to work...and you work at a Porsche Race shop (KMRR).Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
914Next
Well, one injector sealed itself….must have been the seals rather than the injector. The other one still leaked with new seals so I put a new nos injector in it. Fired it up and no leaks although it idled At 2500. Drove it a bit thinking the idle might drop. Looked around and realized a vacuum hose had been knocked off while I was working. All is good.
mepstein
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.