Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Anybody parting out a 914 in the Orlando vicinity?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porsche914_73
Need some sheet metal pieces for the front of my car. Anybody parting out a 914 in the Orlando area? I’ll be around until the 10th and will like to look at anything available to see if it fits my needs if possible. These are some of the parts I would like to get and save me some fabrication or repair time.

1. Right headlight bucket - self explanatory I hope
2. Floor pan section from rear of trunk pan to the cabin floors (This is the raised section that goes over the steering rack and has the mount points for the cross bar and the rear reinforcement points on the front suspension)
3. Cabin dash panel ( this is the panel that separates the cabin from the gas tank area. Mine is rusted on the sides were it joins the wheel wells and at the bottom edge.

I’ve been looking for these for awhile. Some leads but it falls through due to life and distance issues. I’m done with just about everything else in the car and is about time to get the body finished.

Thanks for any leads or help.
Ansbacher
If St. Petersburg is not too far for you, I know Ricks European Connection has a few bodies in the yard and other panels in his inventory. Problem is he is hard to haggle with if price is a factor. Good hunting.

Ansbacher

QUOTE(porsche914_73 @ Jun 3 2022, 09:30 PM) *

Need some sheet metal pieces for the front of my car. Anybody parting out a 914 in the Orlando area? I’ll be around until the 10th and will like to look at anything available to see if it fits my needs if possible. These are some of the parts I would like to get and save me some fabrication or repair time.

1. Right headlight bucket - self explanatory I hope
2. Floor pan section from rear of trunk pan to the cabin floors (This is the raised section that goes over the steering rack and has the mount points for the cross bar and the rear reinforcement points on the front suspension)
3. Cabin dash panel ( this is the panel that separates the cabin from the gas tank area. Mine is rusted on the sides were it joins the wheel wells and at the bottom edge.

I’ve been looking for these for awhile. Some leads but it falls through due to life and distance issues. I’m done with just about everything else in the car and is about time to get the body finished.

Thanks for any leads or help.

partwerks
I'm still dancing around that two shells in the junk yard for your parts.
One is better shape than the other.
One obstacle, is you can't just buy the whole shell, you have to cut it in half, and take part of it, and then a few days later, you can come and get the other 1/2, from what the owner told me, cuz I guess they turn the title in to the state, otherwise it would be like selling the car, from what I understand??

The blue one has the three piece boxed in part in the cab, and around the rear wheels. The rust it has, is mainly around the jacking points.
Fenders were whacked up, cuz the were going to do a 993 conversion, when they didn't pay their storage, and all the parts got taken to the junkyard.

Lots of good chassis parts on it, and some on the other one. Good nose panel for sure.

I'm not sure where I would chop it in half at without compromising some other good parts?
Floor pans are in good shape, and only one hole in the firewall about the size of a quarter on the passenger side.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.