Villemi
I have a leakage of gearbox case with the radial sealing ring of the shif rod

IPB Image

I want remove the part item: 12

IPB Image

I need your help please
bdstone914
Drain the oil from the transmission.
Remove the two 13mm nuts that hold the assembly to the transmission then drive out the roll pin to remove the shaft.
914werke
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 4 2022, 05:41 AM) *
Drain the oil from the transmission. Remove the two 13mm nuts that hold the assembly to the transmission then drive out the roll pin to remove the shaft.

Actually what I think Bruce intended to say is "the roll pin from the top of the shaft".
There is a roll pin also holding the shift ball to the bottom of the shaft but since the one
at the top, (#16), is always bathed in oil it is normally easier to remove.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
watch the seal size there has been a bad supersession that will result in the same leak after replacement
Villemi
I've removed the bottom roll pin

IPB Image

I think I need a tool for removing the part at the bottom of the shift rod.
Dave_Darling
Nah, just put the suspension console in a vise and wiggle the part off the rod.

--DD
Dr Evil
Realize that you will have a hell of a time removing that seal with the rod still in. Thus, taking the whole assembly out, and replacing the O ring as well is best. Also, I seldom take off the outer roll pin as when you reinstall the shaft, it is going AGAIST the lips of the seal on the outside and that's not best practice. What I do, unless it is stuck in gear and I have to remove the outside parts, is like Bruce said; drain, remove 2 13mm nuts, pull the whole shift console, then I drive the roll pin out of the comb (inside part) and pull the rod out from the outside aspect. Then clamp housing in vise and use a simple hook type seal puller to pry the seal out. Sometimes the seals suck and you have to collapse them inward with artistic violence and a small hammer and drift while making sure you do not gouge the bore for the seal or it will leak.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.