Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I SOLD MY 1974 PORCHE 914 FOR $20,000
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
thamm
I SOLD THIS CAR FOR $20,000. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME AND THOSE OF YOU WHO SHOWED INTEREST IN THE CAR. IT WAS A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE AND I MET AND TALKED TO SEVERAL VERY HELPFUL AND INTERESTING PEOPLE.

I want to sell my 1974 Porche 914, 2 liter, silver with a black interior, VIN 4742906880.

The Owner's Manuel and service records (from the first buyer on but not 100 per cent complete) for the car will be included in the sale. The original owner purchased the car 16 April 1974 at Martin-Johnson Porsche/Audi in California. The car then had at least three owners, all in California. On 28 Nov 1985 I bought the car in Stanford, CA. In 1992 I moved to Cary, North Carolina. I drove my 914 to work and for pleasure from 1985 to 2005. The car was in good working order when I left it in my garage without starting it until late last year when I decided to sell it.

To get the car ready for sale I had new tires installed, installed a new battery, changed the spark plugs, changed the oil strainer, changed the oil filter, changed the oil, changed the fuel filter, drained the gas tank and added new gas. The car is in good condition. It has the following known problems: 1. The car has been started but the motor runs roughly, tends to die and then is difficult to restart. I drove the car around the neighborhood and everything works but the engine needs at least cleaning up, tuning and ?. 2. One engine deck lid hinge is broken (I have the replacement hinge but have not had it welded onto the car). 3. The passenger seat upholstery needs to be replaced. It was in bad condition when I bought the car and I just covered it with seat covers. 4. There are at least three chipped areas in the paint. 5. There is rust at the back seam in the trunk. The car does not seem to have the serious rust problems common for this car.

I have a valid North Carolina title for the car (title number 4742906880). The car is registered in North Carolina and has current North Carolina plates. I have attached several photos. I will try to answer your questions. The car is being sold as is with no guarantees or warranties. My asking price is best offer over $10, 000. The car can be picked up in Cary, North Carolina. Shipping arrangements and cost are the responsibility of the buyer.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
thamm
More photos: The first photo shows the rust at the back of the back trunk Click to view attachment. The next is the anterior passenger side of the motor compartmentClick to view attachment. The next shows the damage to the passenger seatClick to view attachment. The next shows a paint chip on the passenger doorClick to view attachment. The next shows a paint chip just behind the passenger doorClick to view attachment.

I will continue to add more photos.
thamm
Passenger side "hell hole": There is some superficial rusting but the metal feels firm and undamagedClick to view attachment. Driver side "hell hole": There is some superficial rusting but the metal feels firm and undamaged.Click to view attachment. Front trunk with spare tire removedClick to view attachment. Passenger side doorClick to view attachment. Driver side doorClick to view attachment
thamm
Driver side jack port with cap removed. No rust or damage. Click to view attachment Passenger side jack port with cap removed. No rust or damage. Click to view attachment
Van B
Oh this thing is gonna go quick!
era vulgaris
I live in Garner, NC (about 20 min from Cary), if any seriously interested forum members want me to go put eyes on it, let me know. Assuming that's ok with the seller.
I'm deep into a bare metal resto of a 66 Ghia, or I'd be trying to look at this for myself. Pretty rare to see one come up for sale so close to me that isn't a rusted out basketcase.
DucRS
Love 914’s in silver. Great price! As mentioned above, this is should go fast. GLWS
ajco
Please check your inbox, P.M. sent.
thamm
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Jun 5 2022, 04:39 PM) *

I live in Garner, NC (about 20 min from Cary), if any seriously interested forum members want me to go put eyes on it, let me know. Assuming that's ok with the seller.
I'm deep into a bare metal resto of a 66 Ghia, or I'd be trying to look at this for myself. Pretty rare to see one come up for sale so close to me that isn't a rusted out basketcase.

Is is ok with me if you want to come look at my 914.
pete000
Wow, I wish I had space!

Looks like a great car.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(thamm @ Jun 7 2022, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Jun 5 2022, 04:39 PM) *

Is is ok with me if you want to come look at my 914.

No one's contacted me yet to take a look for them, but if anyone does I'll be on touch to set up a time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.