huh.gif .. blink.gif ... ohmy.gif ... hide.gif

Man I hate friggin' spiders!!
JB 914
nothing a little brake cleaner can't handle ar15.gif
olav

Especially Black Widows!!

ohmy.gif
markb
I had a visit from one of those ladies while I was working on my Mercedes the other day. Scared the spit out of me! ohmy.gif Nasty little buggers.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Aug 3 2005, 05:02 PM)
Big Bitch

time to try a new smily ...

Allan
Black Widow spiders. Jeez, I had to study them for a year when I was working for a company that dealt with pesticides.

Dark dry secluded places.

Easy to kill but man the bite.

Swallowing them kills them quickly though. laugh.gif
Mueller
had a few of those in our backyard... I walked thru one web with a huge blackwidow on it...freaked me out for a few hours afterward, I kept thinking I had something crawling on me...ick....
skline
I got bit by one of those last year working on Joe Buckles car. Turned all black and blue and swelled up. It's a little painful too. Like anything else, it went away after a month or two.
spare time toys
Hey Scott remember all of them on and in the 928 huh.gif I still think one got me dead center on my back while I was hooking up the chains ohmy.gif I got a big ol welt and it hurt like a MF for a long time:(
skline
Could very well be, that is what was on my arm that time. Hurts for a long time and bruises and swells. Not a fun thing to have. What was funny about it, everyone always told me it was painful to get bitten, it was only painful about an hour after the bite, at first it was more like an itch.
Maltese Falcon
watch for those under outdoor water spigots, and in you workshop gloves. A shot of carb cleaner, and your boot does the trick mad.gif
MF
ClayPerrine
My father has a 27 Chevy. When he brought it home, it was home to about 5 black widow spiders. We put a plastic tarp over the car and put a bug bomb underneath. After 3 bug bombs, all the spiders were gone.

The car got named the black widow. biggrin.gif
Hammy
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Aug 3 2005, 05:02 PM)
Big Bitch.

laugh.gif
tat2dphreak
nasty bastards! I hate spiders...

anyone ever watch Venom ER? those Black widows make Grown men full-on SICK as a dog for >24hours! and the "anti-venom" is worse: majority of people are allergic to the "cure" and some die from it.

they like to hang out by water faucets too, evidently.
CptTripps
There...HA! One thing you have in Cali that we DON'T here in the Mid-West!

See....It's not ALL sun, and rust-free teeners out there!
airsix
Hate 'em. They are everywhere here. As I type this I can guarantee there is one in each lower corner of the garage-door and one in the sprinkler-valve box in the back yard. As fast as I kill them new ones move in. Ick. :creeped-out:

-Ben M.
cdmcse
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Aug 4 2005, 10:26 AM)

Not so lucky here in KY, I had 2 in my crawl space in a brand new house.
zymurgist
Two words:

Shop Vac.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (cdmcse @ Aug 4 2005, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Aug 4 2005, 10:26 AM)

Not so lucky here in KY, I had 2 in my crawl space in a brand new house.

we got 'em down here like crazy too... a lot of old houses are pier and beam and I'll garuntee the bastards are down there... in sheds, we have Brown recluses too... NASTY!
Midtowner
Six words: Shop Vac. Bug Spray. Same Time. nuke.gif
SpecialK
Yep, lousy with Brown Recluse's here too.....they're friggin' everywhere. Okay, this thread with the "Big Bitch", looking as nasty as she does, is a good time to remind everyone.......at least we don't have these!!
redshift
As a kid, we used to hunt black widows, and capture 20-30, and put them all in a single bottle, and roll that thing around the yard, to piss them off in the hot sun...

laugh.gif

One bit my grandmother, in an old pump house, she was very sick, and over the next year, I sifted thru every inch of that little shed, every day, making sure the next generation paid. wink.gif

Scatter made web, in my gran'maws shed, don't look for spiders, 'cause they's all dead.

The recluse is a much wilder bite, and it leaves a scar that looks like black scabbing, and worse.

M
SpecialK
QUOTE (redshift @ Aug 4 2005, 05:06 PM)
The recluse is a much wilder bite, and it leaves a scar that looks like black scabbing, and worse.

M

Definitely!!

Pic of day 11 after a brown recluse bite.......... icon8.gif

A guy at work got bit 3 weeks ago.......he's still out.
Jenny
Oh good gravy! That looks like the biggest cigarette burn. It'll heal? It sure looks like they'd need to amputate. icon8.gif

Jen
SpecialK
QUOTE (Jenny @ Aug 4 2005, 05:37 PM)
Oh good gravy! That looks like the biggest cigarette burn. It'll heal? It sure looks like they'd need to amputate. icon8.gif

Jen

Had an old guy at work that got bit on the thumb and didn't get to the Doc quick enough. Ended up losing his thumb, and all of his fingers on that hand, except the pinky, due to gangrene. Luckily for him he was 2nd level management, and didn't do anything productive anyway. wink.gif
redshift
hahahaha

YIKES!

(picks feet up off da floor)

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.