Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new project after a while
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick_cv
Sold my last 914 about 8 years ago and got into hot rods for a bit. I have always been an air-cooled guy so excited about getting back into it with a new project. Found on craigslist in the auto parts section. Was really surprised the previous owner thought it was too far gone and was going to part it out. I asked for the whole car and brought it home about a month ago. Only part sold off it before my purchase was the console. Didn't come with an engine or trans but have found those locally. Still need a couple parts but they can wait until I finish the rust repair. It did come with a couple hundred dollars in sheet metal though.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rick_cv
Front and rear trunks look great. Needs hell hole repair. It looks like someone started to repair it and got over their head and didn't know how to finish.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Freezin 914
Cool! Looking forward to watching this build…
GASHOLES GARAGE
Looks to be in good shape.
Van B
Everyone is a fabrication expert until it's time to light the torch lol! You certainly saved that car's life!
KELTY360
Nice rescue! Is that a fat fendered Ford next to it in the garage? Where are you in the PNW?
rick_cv
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 5 2022, 06:01 PM) *

Nice rescue! Is that a fat fendered Ford next to it in the garage? Where are you in the PNW?

Yes. Finishing up my current project. 41 Ford with a 4 inch chop. I am in Beaverton.

Click to view attachment
KELTY360
QUOTE(rick_cv @ Jun 5 2022, 06:04 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 5 2022, 06:01 PM) *

Yes. Finishing up my current project. 41 Ford with a 4 inch chop. I am in Beaverton.

Click to view attachment

Sweet? Not to hijack, but I have to ask; is it Ford powered?
rick_cv

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sadly no. Ford makes it difficult with the oil pickup and sump in the front especially when you section the front cross member like I did. That is why everyone puts Chevys in their cars.
ClayPerrine
[quote name='rick_cv' date='Jun 5 2022, 08:43 PM' post='3006737']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sadly no. Ford makes it difficult with the oil pickup and sump in the front especially when you section the front cross member like I did. That is why everyone puts Chevys in their cars.
[/quote]

Put a flathead in it. It is the right thing to do.........
KELTY360
[quote name='ClayPerrine' date='Jun 8 2022, 05:41 AM' post='3007300']
[quote name='rick_cv' date='Jun 5 2022, 08:43 PM' post='3006737']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Put a flathead in it. It is the right thing to do.........
[/quote]

agree.gif Flatties Rule!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.