Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Twister knocked out 2 of my ISP towers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
We had a twister go through almost a month ago, we're okay, lost about 50 mature pines in the back 40. I would change ISP but it costs 600 bones for the gear and we're switching to fiber in July anyways.
mad.gif

If you're looking PM me though here or phone me. If you PM me I'll give you my phone number, my fingers are to fat for text.
mepstein
I hoe it all goes well for you. Verizon told us we have a mandatory switch from dsl to Fios but price will stay the same. I’m not crazy about dsl but they said no Fios available until now.
mate914
Star link works great.

Matt
Montreal914
Woh! sorry to hear that! sad.gif I hate when long lived trees go down, dry.gif

Thank you for the info, I will ping you.
Mark Henry
Almost a freaking month! Just got the internet back this morning, but it's fuching slow, under 1Mbps. sad.gif That's like dial up speeds.

The fiber can't get here fast enough, it supposed to be 150 up and down for the same money. We can can up that to 300 or 1000 down, but the kids will pay for that if they need it.

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jun 8 2022, 11:41 AM) *

Woh! sorry to hear that! sad.gif I hate when long lived trees go down, dry.gif

Thank you for the info, I will ping you.

The trees were spun like twizzler sticks, most broke half way up. What a mess, Ethan cleared the lane into the back forty, but it will take a half year of Sundays to clean up the rest.
Could have been worse, so I guess we''re lucky.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(mate914 @ Jun 8 2022, 11:12 AM) *

Star link works great.

Matt

agree.gif

I have a buddy in Grand Rapids MI latitude that now has Starlink coverage. Looking at map, pretty similar latitude to you location. You're a bit further north which works in your favor with Starlink.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jun 13 2022, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(mate914 @ Jun 8 2022, 11:12 AM) *

Star link works great.

Matt

agree.gif

I have a buddy in Grand Rapids MI latitude that now has Starlink coverage. Looking at map, pretty similar latitude to you location. You're a bit further north which works in your favor with Starlink.

Thought about starlink, but they ran fiber to my house last year so I'm already roughed in and with a 1 year contract all the gear and install is free. Starlink is close to a $1K buy in. I should have the fiber installed in a months time so I'll wait for it, I'm the last house in our village to get fiber, everyone south of us is SOL.

When we get the RV done I'll look into Starlink again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.