Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wtb 111955531 intermittent wiper relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
piscean914
hey guys - looking for a nos 111955531 intermittent wiper relay for my '76 914-4 - i've seen reproductions of these, but i want a nos relay, hopefully on this site - shipping to 98115 - can complete via paypal - thanks for looking

Click to view attachment
GregAmy
That is a VW Beetle part (the "111" as the first number. 914-specific parts start with "914").

Was the 914 ever delivered with intermittent wipers? I thought this was an after-the-fact conversion using Beetle relay (and possibly something modded on the wiper stalk).
914Sixer
Intermittent wipers were available from 73-76. You can put them on any of those years IF you have a 5 pin wiper switch and break off tab on turn signal switch. You will also need harness and relay. Restoration Design, and Jeff B are both selling harnesses. Aftermarket switches are now available. Plug and play option.
brant
not trying to hi-jack the thread...
anyone have a used relay to sell, or no where to find one?
914Sixer
Price is about what the originals were. These are 5 pin, NOT 6 as used in all later model VW, Porsche stuff
JeffBowlsby
Other options:

GregAmy
That's funny...I was working on my race car yesterday and casually played with the wiper stalk, as I'm considering removing the stalk and replacing it with a simple on-off switch (high side).

I surprisingly found that it has four positions. Then I walked over to my street car, and it too has four positions, but nothing happens in the intermittent position. Who knew? Not me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.