Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocker Arm Rod Size Mystery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mturner7
Hi guys,

I'm rebuilding my Porsche 914 - 1.8L 1975 Big bore build Engine. I'll get right to it:

The Rocker Arm Rods are a funny size: 20mm ID or 0.786" ID. I can't find any that size online. All of them are the stock ones. Has anyone seen rocker arm rods this size?

This engine had something wrong with the Valves, because the CAM was warn through the coating and the engine was making a ticking noise.

Well, the Rocker Arms have those wavey spring shims, i want to get rid of them. This could have been the original issue, side to side play was out of spec very badly. Also the middle large shim is way too big (Internal Diameter). it is very loose and rattles around. It measure 21.20mm. I don't know who would put a 21.20mm shim on a 20.00mm rod!

I'm not sure, but I purchased a car that had a set of rockers in a box that they decided not to use, they are the same size, 20.00mm. I think these came from a 2.0L engine.

Does anyone out there know where these rockers, Arms, and Rods came from?

20.00mm or 0.786" rod size? I have two sets and I need shims for one of them.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
Hydraulic cam spacers, get an aluminum spacer kit. I think aircooled.net sells them.
I make my own out of tube, but I have a lathe.
914Sixer
This guy has everything you need. Check out all of his services.
mturner7
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 11 2022, 03:16 PM) *

This guy has everything you need. Check out all of his services.

Thanks Man, I sent him an email on Samba. Waiting for his reply. He is my only hope, short of trying to make some my self.

Monte
mturner7
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 11 2022, 02:34 PM) *

Hydraulic cam spacers, get an aluminum spacer kit. I think aircooled.net sells them.
I make my own out of tube, but I have a lathe.

I looked at aircooled and they don't have the correct size, only stock and one bigger that is still not big enough. I need a 20mm ones...

thx man
bkrantz
Another recommendation for Tabari.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.