Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel pump selection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tewfiks
Hello, I am still sorting out our 1973 914 1.7L. The fuel pump is seized up and I can not find a cross reference for a proper replacement. The pump that failed is a Carter 4K17A. I can not find any information on this pump. I assume the webers need 3 psi fuel delivery to run well. I have found a low pressure Bosch unit at parts geek but hesitate to purchase until I get suggestions from others on this forum.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks
mate914
I have used this one from CB performance."3193 Rotary Fuel Pump"
Matt flag.gif

QUOTE(Tewfiks @ Jun 11 2022, 09:24 PM) *

Hello, I am still sorting out our 1973 914 1.7L. The fuel pump is seized up and I can not find a cross reference for a proper replacement. The pump that failed is a Carter 4K17A. I can not find any information on this pump. I assume the webers need 3 psi fuel delivery to run well. I have found a low pressure Bosch unit at parts geek but hesitate to purchase until I get suggestions from others on this forum.

Thanks

mmichalik
QUOTE(mate914 @ Jun 12 2022, 08:48 AM) *

Matt flag.gif

agree.gif that's the way to go
CG-914
Another great high quality option is the Pierburg 7.21440.51.0
porschetub
[quote name='mate914' date='Jun 13 2022, 03:48 AM' post='3008148']
Matt flag.gif

[quote name='Tewfiks' post='3008057' date='Jun 11 2022, 09:24 PM']

Thanks
[/quote]
agree.gif only one to use,seem to remember the CB Performance one is in fact a Carter pump anyway,if you buy as a Carter it's actually cheaper than the CB one,I use a regulator (Holley LP ) and 7.5 amp fuse with mine,mounted on the steering rack it is fairly quiet but still enough to hear when its running.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.