Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ooooh.. pretty..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Charles Freeborn
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-porsche-914-70/

I'm actually watching this with interest - not to buy - curious how the 914 race car market is doing..
Justinp71

$40k, wow that is not very much. Not a lot of bidding for 914-6 race cars I guess. I think if they are eligible for historic races they bring more money.
brant
I agree. This seller built to auto x.
An even smaller buyers pool
Which is a shame. Because I believe him that the parts are worth more than the whole car
mepstein
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 11 2022, 08:11 PM) *

I agree. This seller built to auto x.
An even smaller buyers pool
Which is a shame. Because I believe him that the parts are worth more than the whole car

agree.gif Engine and trans are worth $40k and a free car.
914 Ranch
I really like the car. It showed me a lot of different ways of doing things. The wing is really radical and I see something's that I think could be finished better but we're just building race cars.
My build thread is here in the Paddock. If I get the shocks that I want the car will be sub 1600 pounds.

Click to view attachment

You can't get the value of the parts out of the sale of a race car.
Just like a boat a race car is a hole in the pavement that you can't fill with money.
stownsen914
At that price it would potentially be worth the $$ even for track use. It would need some upgrading, notably the rollcage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.