Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - FS: 1972 914-4 1.7L L96D
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Silver914SW
1972 914 1.7L

- 95,922 original miles
- Third owner, California car, purchased in 1985 and put on 17,648 miles before parking it in storage in 1993
- Recently retrieved after setting in storage for 29 years
- Motivated to sell
- Clear title in hand
- Located in Los Alamos, NM
- Asking $5,000 OBO

The Good:
- Vehicle is complete; everything appears to still work
- New battery, replaced cloth covered fuel lines, flushed fuel system, garage cleaned injectors, bled brakes, etc
- Mechanically sound, starts, idles (need to professionally clean injectors), drives
- Gauges all work including speedo/odometer
- Jack posts, fender wells, front and rear trunks, interior look good relative to rust

The Bad:
- Small oil leak
- Looks to have had a front clip replacement by either first or second owner
- Paint is showing it's age
- Hail damage on sail chrome trim
- Front bumper dent, small door dings and such around car
- Battery tray rust/corrosion, hell hole has rust but no holes. Both areas repainted by either first or second owner
- Rust hole in engine bay metal near passenger side water drain hose. Area repainted by either first or second owner
- Drivers rear tail light lens broken
- Drivers side rear trunk lid hinge weld broken from sidewall
- Various paint chips
- Interior seats showing their age
- Tires were flat for some time

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
JOEPROPER
I would love that ski rack if you decide to sell it separately...
Silver914SW
Price reduced
Cairo94507
Bump
Front yard mechanic
This looks like a good buy , from the pics I cannot see where it has the front clip replaced
Silver914SW
I never noticed back in 1985. Of course I was 16 at the time so likely wouldn't have cared anyway!

Once I pulled the car out of storage and started going thru it a couple of weeks ago, I noticed the signs.

- Weld seams on inner fender panels (circled in red)
- Maroon paint, or primer, under the silver paint up front, but grey primer under the paint on the back half of the car
- Evidence that the car had been repainted. Silver paint on the black front trunk seal
- Wire looms not routed as precisely as the factory might have done it. Unused hold down straps
- Hood release cable seems to 'cut the corner' heading into the front latch. This always made it hard to get the carpeted plywood deck out. I can see unused hold down straps that are likely for the cable, but the cable is too short to use them.
- Other people's cars have a black rubber insert between the top fender edge and the hood cowl. Mine is missing that on both sides

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Montreal914
You are definitely doing a great job at clearly exposing the condition of the car! sunglasses.gif

Free bump, GLWTS smile.gif
Silver914SW
Additional photo of the 'Hell Hole'. I can confirm that the black spots are rust surfaces where the 'cottage cheese' has come off. There are no holes (other than the drain hole) in the hell hole. Tried to provide a large size photo. Click the photo for the larger size.

Click to view attachment
Silver914SW
Another. Click image to enlarge.

Click to view attachment
Silver914SW
Couple of the engine.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
PM sent
Mikey914
Send a PM saw the thread changed to SOLD.
Have yet to be contacted by seller.
I was hoping to get a picture under the battery tray top. Looks like some work here, the money shot is what's under the tray.
If someone else beat me to it I'm ok with that, but would like to know where I stand.
-Mark
rhodyguy
Great pictures. Warts and freckles. Good job. silver914.jpg
Front yard mechanic
Just wondering who ended up with this radio active car laugh.gif
flat4guy
I liked the bumper overriders.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.