Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans mounts to engine mount dimensions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pek771
Hi all: Car is at the painters, so I can't measure this distance. Does anyone know what the distance is from the rear transmission mount hangers to the front engine mount? Car is a 70, 1.7.

I am putting in a cradle for my electric motor, and I am trying to get an idea of how much welding I have to do to accommodate the electric motor.
TIA
Pat
pek771
Well, let me rephrase this. Anyone know the dimension from the mount holes on the transaxle case to the crossmember holding the from of the engine? ie, back of the engine to the mounts.
Thanks!
Pat
914e
QUOTE(pek771 @ Jun 14 2022, 07:45 PM) *

Well, let me rephrase this. Anyone know the dimension from the mount holes on the transaxle case to the crossmember holding the from of the engine? ie, back of the engine to the mounts.
Thanks!
Pat

@pek771
Did you get this dimension? Best I can measure to the nearest 1/8" is the distance from the centerline of the engine crossmember is 35-1/8 to the front transmission mount hole. The transmission mounts are 16-7/8 apart at a 14 degree angle.
The crossmember bolt centers are 41-5/8"
pek771
I didn't get the dimensions yet, but I cannot use it until I get home from Oklahoma. Maybe my car will be out of the paint shop by then, and I can measure it.
RJMII
my car is on the hoist, and I have a complete drivetrain on the floor with the engine bar attached.
what format would you like the measurements?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.