Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: firewall insulation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Medtner3
What is recommended to replace the original rubber matt inside the car behind the backpad mine is all cracked and filthy

alternatively should I reuse the original rubber matt is there a way to repair it?
it is split in multiple places from folding it

I was considering Dynamat , Klimat, or Noico 80 mil butyl; Amazon

Suggestions and advice needed
FlacaProductions
disregard/deleted - my post was about the other side of the firewall.
Root_Werks
My 914 had some sort of sticky dynomat installed. I'm eh about it and wish it wasn't there. SO much work to remove it though. Would rather have a decent stock/heavy pad.
Medtner3
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 14 2022, 01:51 PM) *

My 914 had some sort of sticky dynomat installed. I'm eh about it and wish it wasn't there. SO much work to remove it though. Would rather have a decent stock/heavy pad.

that's an interesting point I wonder if mine can be salvaged it has so many splits from being in storage
barefoot
Clean it & patch cracks with duct tape (both sides), it's good stuff !
mepstein
Modern products work better but are more permanent. You really have to stick the pad to the metal to damp the sound.
Mikey914
Yes it can be salvaged. Easy to put in and remove if you decide. Duct tape will do the trick.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we make great copies of both the tar pad behind the vinyl covered back pad as well as the engine insulator pad on the firewall in front ot the engine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.