Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LONG SHOT but anyone have a G50 box they would sell?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jmz
Looking for a G50 5 speed box.

Long shot but if you have one to sell...
mepstein
I just purchased one for a shop project. You also need the pedal assembly, shift rod, etc. the one I purchased came with an lsd on the side and cost $12K. That was actually a pretty good deal for the current market.

I placed a wtb on pelican. Got two scammers and one real person who I purchased from.
bdstone914
QUOTE(jmz @ Jun 16 2022, 08:55 AM) *

Looking for a G50 5 speed box.

Long shot but if you have one to sell...

Try DC Automotive and LA Dismantlers.
And those pedal sets are hard to find.
It is possible to rig up a clutch master cylinder to a 914 pedal set.
jmz
Thanks all. I have all of the conversion parts and a g50 it is just that it is a g50/50 and that is overkill for my project so I'm thinking of selling that and using the funds for other things.
mepstein
The g50’s are a really heavy trans and overkill for anything under 300 hp. The one I got for the shop is going in a twin turbo 3.8
jmz
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 16 2022, 05:13 PM) *

The g50’s are a really heavy trans and overkill for anything under 300 hp. The one I got for the shop is going in a twin turbo 3.8

This will be going with a 3.8 varioram. The 50/50 I have is the stronger, one year only box from an 89 turbo, long gears, big diff and probably what you need instead of me.
tygaboy
@jmz - I have a buddy who has a couple. If you'd like to chat with him, PM me and I'll get you connected with him.
Chris
9146GUY
I have a G50 031 if interested

PM to discuss.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.