https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-porsche-914-57/

Very interesting build and choices.

(No association, just sharing)

SirAndy
Looks nice enough ...
idea.gif

IPB Image
Shivers
Very cool looking. Nice clean install, I might plumb the intake filter location into the trunk above. Pretty hot there. Mine collects all sorts of stuff on that rear body panel behind the bumper.
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
*** S W E E T ***

tiphat2.gif

14.gif
NARP74
I think I saw a nitrous cooling system for the heat exchangers. That would solve the hot air intake for the filter location. Amazing amount of work on that car.
930cabman
Talk about setting the bar!! aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
bdstone914
I dont see any air intake for the inner coolers. Would be interesting the oil and head temps
ndfrigi
is that 75/76 heat exchanger?
Superhawk996
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 17 2022, 01:29 PM) *

I dont see any air intake for the inner coolers. Would be interesting the oil and head temps

Bingo.

Not to mention putting the intake down where all the road debris is flying around and counting on a simple K&N cone filter to "filter" it. Not to mention, you're ingesting the hot air wash off the engine. The CO2 loop on the inter coolers is novel, but, you can't run that every time you want boost.

I'd also be curious to see how much turbo heat is rising up into the trunk via the vented trunk floor right above the turbos. I assume the idea is that hot air is exiting there but given the trunk is in a low pressure region behind the back glass, I wouldn't be surprised if the hot air is getting sucked up into the inter coolers though that vented panel.

Looks great on a hoist though screwy.gif Cool toy for talking about at cars and coffee. . . practical, not so much.

In reality, I'm just jealous I don't have this kind of time and or spare $$ to be doing projects like this. headbang.gif
moto914
Looks like they could actually come out ahead on the project.
stownsen914
I like the exhaust note
r_towle
So much work, cool ideas.
To bad it has not seen a dyno to get tuned.
raynekat
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Jun 17 2022, 04:29 PM) *

I like the exhaust note

Yep...wicked sounding idle.
Like a mini 935.
SKL1
Yes it does sound good. Agree on the air intake- horrible place.

Surprised to see this is in the PHX area- never seen it at any Scottsdale C&C, even the Porsche specific one in old Town at 4 till 4. Maybe it can't get there from Peoria...
gereed75
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 17 2022, 07:58 PM) *

So much work, cool ideas.
To bad it has not seen a dyno to get tuned.

Very cool with a lot of engineering. Having gone this far it seems to me that maybe a more 935 like treatment might have provided some better intercooler/intake solutions

Click to view attachment

Along the lines of the Rod Emory 356 rsr. Integrating the flairs into a 935 like rear valence may provide some intercooler placement room

This is a very creative effort!!
914e
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jun 17 2022, 09:00 PM) *

Surprised to see this is in the PHX area- never seen it at any Scottsdale C&C, even the Porsche specific one in old Town at 4 till 4. Maybe it can't get there from Peoria...

When it hits 90F before the coffee shop is even open, I imagine this build is running hot.
I have never seen it either.

Since it is expected to be a nippy 100 F today think I will rebuild my transaxle I have been putting it off long enough.
rhodyguy
A 40k (so far) 'light' project.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(914e @ Jun 18 2022, 08:34 AM) *

QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jun 17 2022, 09:00 PM) *

When it hits 90F before the coffee shop is even open, I imagine this build is running hot.
I have never seen it either.

Since it is expected to be a nippy 100 F today think I will rebuild my transaxle I have been putting it off long enough.

Am I not seeing an oil cooler in this proj ? It's gotta be somewhere. AZ Temps are more brutal than here in SoCal and I've put oil coolers in all of the 4,6,8 cylinder 914 forced induction builds. Wouldn't take much to add one to this exquisite build...and moving the K+Ns no big deal !
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(914e @ Jun 18 2022, 10:34 AM) *

Piker.....it was 104F today, and has been above 100F for the last week here in DFW.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.