Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 73/74 2.0 engine tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JamesJ
Looking for 2.0 engine tin for my '74. It needs to be from a '73 or '74, because '75/'76 2.0 liter tin is different. I just need the two large engine covers, because I believe all of the other tin is the same for all engine sizes. I am not opposed to purchasing all of the tin if you don't want to part out your set.

Thanks!
GeorgeKopf
James,

I have been told that part number 21 is also different between the 1.7/1.8 tin and the 2.0 tin.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Good Luck.

George
bdstone914
QUOTE(GeorgeKopf @ Jun 17 2022, 07:20 PM) *

James,

I have been told that part number 21 is also different between the 1.7/1.8 tin and the 2.0 tin.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Good Luck.

George

Only early 1.7 L with the oil bath ait cleaner had a different #21 tin. It had a duct #32 that fed warm air to the air cleaner.
Jett
QUOTE(JamesJ @ Jun 17 2022, 02:40 PM) *

Looking for 2.0 engine tin for my '74. It needs to be from a '73 or '74, because '75/'76 2.0 liter tin is different. I just need the two large engine covers, because I believe all of the other tin is the same for all engine sizes. I am not opposed to purchasing all of the tin if you don't want to part out your set.

Thanks!

Unfortunately these are the hardest pieces to get because of the coil mounting point, cutting for AC, and general surface rust. I hunted for years to find an NOS set some years ago, and have seen the occasional nice set. That said, there are some folks reproducing in carbon fiber.

Saw this the other day … keep looking.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203970231616?mkcid...&media=COPY
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.