Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 Delphi 2.0 for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Jett
Saw this car a long time ago but not recently.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/re...7497882543.html
rjames
Good looking car, but that’s a lot of coin.
914Next
QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 19 2022, 12:17 PM) *

Yeah.....based on the pics provided that car is maybe a $20-$25k car.
Jett
QUOTE(914Next @ Jun 20 2022, 07:27 PM) *

Agreed. Hagerty has a #2 car at $60k, so no idea what the owner expects. I asked about the oil leak but they said it was a shadow in the picture. The car also looks like the front right fender has been repainted and no idea why the hood is black.
Chris H.
QUOTE(914Next @ Jun 20 2022, 09:27 PM) *

agree.gif The ad says NO rust. So...the rear trunk....? Still a nice car but for $65k you could probably buy a near perfect 2.0.
MCShack
NO affiliation. Surface rust at most in rear trunk could probably be removed with a rag and elbow grease, this car really is more rust-free than most so-called "rust-free" cars I have seen. There are oil drips on bottom of engine casing, no shadows, lol. Good question why front hood and headlight covers are painted black on top but appears original paint (?) on underneath side, and it may be related to the apparent right front fender repaint. Looks like a bullet hole ding just behind passenger door along with other imperfections in paint and side stripes. Doors, hoods, etc seem to fit nicely with even gaps and straight lines as far as one can tell from the limited pictures. Dash, doors, seats, center console and gauges appear near perfect with no cracks, rips or tears to material. Fuchs look good and the car even has rear window defroster. Knobs, handles, cranks, etc appear original and in good condition from the pictures. Engine compartment is clean with Optima battery upgrade and more. All that said, it is not a $60k car, but I would think $30k-$35k is not out of reason at today's prices and last year might have brought $40k-$50k with proper paint.
Jett
@McShack the car is generally nice and lots of originality, but there are questions, like the bullet hole, the passenger door and fender damage, the ECU and harness from a different car with overspray, and the freshly rebuilt motor that leaks with an owner that denies it. I am also curious if the modern distributor was a byproduct of the shop not being able to get the 73 FI working well… back to the green ECU…

This car needs a PPI to dial in the price, but $30K is generous. That said, I expect the owner paid north of $20K to get the motor rebuilt and car running after sitting for so long.
steuspeed

$65K One can hope.
MCShack
QUOTE(Jett @ Jul 5 2022, 11:10 PM) *

@McShack the car is generally nice and lots of originality, but there are questions, like the bullet hole, the passenger door and fender damage, the ECU and harness from a different car with overspray, and the freshly rebuilt motor that leaks with an owner that denies it. I am also curious if the modern distributor was a byproduct of the shop not being able to get the 73 FI working well… back to the green ECU…

This car needs a PPI to dial in the price, but $30K is generous. That said, I expect the owner paid north of $20K to get the motor rebuilt and car running after sitting for so long.

Yeah, I did notice the ECU and more. $30k is probably overly generous considering how much a full professional paint job is going to cost among other things. Good PPI is going to find more probs. So many '73 2.o cars going for way more than I would ever pay.

QUOTE(steuspeed @ Jul 6 2022, 02:51 AM) *

$65K One can hope.

@$65k one can dream, but not gonna happen here or CL. I doubt BaT or P-car would ever let them put over $40k reserve, no high-end dealer gonna touch it as is so that leaves ebay, good luck with that.
Jett
Although it is in the UK, this car is amazing and is asking ~70K

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=359557
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.