Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Part Terminology Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
I have a pair of very decent 914 seats that I am considering putting up for sale. The seats will include the rails that attach to the seat bottom, but not the rails that attach to the floor pan. What is the proper terminology for differentiating between the two rails? Is one called a track and one a rail? Which is which? I want to make it clear in my ad. Input appreciated. Thanks.

Ansbacher
Craigers17
Just spit-ball'n here, but I think the tracks and rails are both the same part...basically, the base part. Sliders are the part that attaches to the bottom of the seat. I could be incorrect, but that's what I'm going with.
Ansbacher
Thanks Craiger17, I like your terminology. I just looked on the AutoAtlanta site diagram and I see the pieces on the seat bottom are referenced as "seat frames", which I think is very confusing. When I think seat frame, I picture the fiberglass shell of the seat itself.

Ansbacher
worn
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Jun 19 2022, 10:18 AM) *

I have a pair of very decent 914 seats that I am considering putting up for sale. The seats will include the rails that attach to the seat bottom, but not the rails that attach to the floor pan. What is the proper terminology for differentiating between the two rails? Is one called a track and one a rail? Which is which? I want to make it clear in my ad. Input appreciated. Thanks.

Ansbacher

Don’t know about the technical stuff, but the way you described it was as clear as water glass. Just say what you said. Glwts.
Puebloswatcop
According to Porsche the pieces that attach to the seats are the rails, the part that attaches to the floor is the frame.
Shivers
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Jun 19 2022, 03:26 PM) *

According to Porsche the pieces that attach to the seats are the rails, the part that attaches to the floor is the frame.

That makes more sense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.