Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New product announcement oil filter consoles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
I have been waiting for filter consoles to become available for some time but just got tired of waiting for the OEM style. I decided to make my own. You see retail of these around 175-200 depending on who is selling them and what model filter they fit.

I decided to make mine around the OC54 filter which is the common 74 and up 911 filter with built in bypass. These housings are being machined out of 6061 and will bolt to oem 914-6 tanks, my tanks, PMS tanks and 65-73 911s. I am going to offer these at a group buy price of $100 shipped. I am having 200 done so there will be plenty. I expect they will be ready in 6 weeks or so. Once they are ready they will retail at $135 plus shipping.

So who needs one? Let me know and we can handle all the details.

Thanks again for your support. Www.914-6werkshop.comClick to view attachment
BillJ
I will take one as a spare. Oem tank.
restore2seater
Plus one.
mb911
Ok great. I will see how many are interested and then probably have everyone send checks if that is OK? I will PM everyone at one time with details.
nditiz1
Is that the one on your oil tank pic in the FS ad. Very awesome!
mb911
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jun 20 2022, 02:09 PM) *

Is that the one on your oil tank pic in the FS ad. Very awesome!

Yes it is. Also check out my website. New products have just been uploaded.
mb911
So far half a dozen folks want one. Anyone else?
flyer86d
Yes. Stock tank.

Charlie
porschetub
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 21 2022, 09:09 AM) *

Ok great. I will see how many are interested and then probably have everyone send checks if that is OK? I will PM everyone at one time with details.

Great idea to make these as the original ones had corrosion issues and used prices have really gone up for ones in good condition,well done .
Any pics ?.
Nate W
I would like one thanks
mb911
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 21 2022, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 21 2022, 09:09 AM) *

Great idea to make these as the original ones had corrosion issues and used prices have really gone up for ones in good condition,well done .
Any pics ?.

No pictures yet. Just approved drawings this morning . Hoping to start machining in the next week or so. They are similar to everything else out there with a few tweaks and of course no bypass like the original as the new filter (oc54) does that. I will also be buying oc54s in bulk to be able to sell with these consoles. That is not included with the group buy price but will be an option as well.

mb911
QUOTE(Nate W @ Jun 21 2022, 06:54 PM) *

I would like one thanks

Will PM when machine time starts. This includes everyone so I have a firm ship date.
mepstein
Put me down for two please. beerchug.gif
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 22 2022, 07:44 AM) *

Put me down for two please. beerchug.gif

You betcha.
mb911
Any more takers before I send out PMs?
BillJ
Still just one console for me.but will take 3 filters
mb911
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jun 24 2022, 03:20 PM) *

Still just one console for me.but will take 3 filters

Ok when I get closer I will let you know what I get for filters and pricing.

I will have pictures to share of the machining once it starts.
worn
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 24 2022, 04:10 PM) *

I would like one. Stock tank. Are you machining in house?
Luke M
Hi Ben,

I'll take one for a factory 914-6 oil tank.
Thanks
mb911
QUOTE(worn @ Jun 25 2022, 08:24 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 24 2022, 04:10 PM) *

I would like one. Stock tank. Are you machining in house?

The entire filter console is being machined by my local supplier. They do maching and laser cutting.
mb911
QUOTE(Luke M @ Jun 25 2022, 10:34 AM) *

Hi Ben,

I'll take one for a factory 914-6 oil tank.
Thanks

Ok sounds good.
mb911
They are done. Just need to pick up from the machine shop. Let me know if anyone else needs one. Pms will go out shortly.
fixer34
I have a factory -6, stock oil tank. What is the filter console and why do I want/need one?
mepstein
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Jul 7 2022, 06:19 PM) *

I have a factory -6, stock oil tank. What is the filter console and why do I want/need one?

It’s how the oil filter attaches to the tank. Same as early 911. I don’t know if Ben is supplying the hardware but it’s generic metric bolts and washers. I bought mine on Bell-metric. I like the way Ben is using the later console design. Then the bypass is in the filter and gets replaced with ever filter change instead of getting gummed up in the console. It also takes an o-ring between the console and the tank. Check PET if you want to see the big picture. beerchug.gif
mb911
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Jul 7 2022, 02:19 PM) *

@mepstein is correct. This is improved over the original design. I will be ordering o rings and hardware in qty along with the oc54 filters so they will be available as and add on kit for somewhere between 10-15 dollars more.
mb911
This is kind of what they look like. Click to view attachment
mb911
I will post pictures of mine once in hand.
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jul 7 2022, 10:06 PM) *

This is kind of what they look like. Click to view attachment

Yea, the oem console supply is drying up and getting expensive.
mb911
Here they are. Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
mb911
Ok everyone should have gotten a PM on these now. Let me know if you have any questions.
JmuRiz
If it’s upgraded, I’m in...haven’t put my tank in yet, so now’s a good time.
mb911
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jul 9 2022, 02:49 PM) *

If it’s upgraded, I’m in...haven’t put my tank in yet, so now’s a good time.

It's for sure an upgrade and cheaper than any other option.
sixnotfour
73 911 was the only year,,It was an upgrade moving forward all later 911 one-piece tanks use oc 54s..As All Porsche upgrades were..back in the day..full flow
mb911
1st 30Click to view attachment
71six
I'm up for an anodized one when available.

Thanks,
Mark
mb911
QUOTE(71six @ Jul 12 2022, 06:51 AM) *

I'm up for an anodized one when available.

Thanks,
Mark

They will be a bit more expensive.
jc73-914
Hi Ben, is this still available? would you be able to ship to Richmond, BC, Canada?
mb911
QUOTE(jc73-914 @ Jul 12 2022, 09:14 AM) *

Hi Ben, is this still available? would you be able to ship to Richmond, BC, Canada?

Yes I sure can @jc73-914 you would have to pay the shipping difference.
jc73-914
Great, thx Ben, I sent you a PM.
mb911
Sending the rest of the last 30 out. Let me know if anyone else wants one. Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
I'm in for a kit.
mb911
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jul 25 2022, 09:41 AM) *

I'm in for a kit.

Pm sent. Thank you.
mb911
Still have plenty of them. Let me know if you need some
mb911
Bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.