Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping Prices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I was about place an order with 914rubber for a filter/gasket for an air inlet box , a roll of butyl tape and the 2 drain hoses for a rain tray. Then I noticed their shipping charge; $40.17 USPS (Flat Rate I assume) Priority Mail/Fed Ex ground $34.60. WTF.gif I can source the drain hose from Home Depot and the butyl tape from Amazon if that is what has elevated the shipping cost. I'm pretty sure that filter and gasket will fit in a medium size Priority Mail box. confused24.gif Just need shipping cost info so I can strategize future orders.
***EDIT*** Just went back and deleted the Hoses and cut shipping cost in 1/2. Wonder why the hoses which can be rolled up made the shipping cost double??? Looks like I'll be heading to Home Depot's Garden depot.
mepstein
Just call them and they can usually work out shipping. The automated system isn’t perfect.
76-914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 20 2022, 02:50 PM) *

Just call them and they can usually work out shipping. The automated system isn’t perfect.

Good tip beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
Weird. I shipped a muffler hanger this AM. Slight surcharge (I made a cardboard envelope out of a box) do to the length. It was still reasonable. Exp delivery is Sat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.