Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Restored Front A arm Bearing Bracket set $60
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
This is a set of A arm bearing brackets that will fit 914, 914-6 and 911 arms.
The front brackets are powder coated and the rear brackets are zinc plated as was done on 911 brackets. Powder coating on the rear brackets can cause them to be too tight to fit the cross member.
$60 for the set plus shipping.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 22 2022, 01:04 PM) *

Powder coating on the rear brackets can cause them to be too tight to fit the cross member.
$60 for the set plus shipping.

Yup - unfortunately I learned this the hard way after dropping my parts off for powder coat.

This is the way to go. Had I not already pressed my bushings into my parts, I'd be on this.

Free bump - good deal.
914werke
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 22 2022, 10:04 AM) *
Powder coating on the rear brackets can cause them to be too tight to fit the cross member.

dry.gif Eh.. Dont agree, hit or miss. Ive done a dozen of these & yet to have an issue.
bdstone914
QUOTE(914werke @ Jun 22 2022, 02:12 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 22 2022, 10:04 AM) *

dry.gif Eh.. Dont agree, hit or miss. Ive done a dozen of these & yet to have an issue.

I have sen them bind when both the cross member and bracket are powder coated.
The other factor is how much the cross member ends get compressed from the bolt that attaches it to the body. I have had to open up those ends on some to get any bracket to fit.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.