Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BAHIA RED Owners and Other Paint Gurus
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AvalonFal
Bought a can of BAHIA RED touch-up spray from 2 different suppliers - 1 from automotivetouchup & 1 from paintscratch - both supposedly L30E. One can had a slight orange tint to it while the other was a truer red. Anyone have any feel for the real Bahia Red color? I'm thinking it should be the more red color which more closely matches the car's present color (although it was repainted by a PO). Perhaps the one can was a bad mix. Any thoughts??

Paul
Chris H.
I think your gut is correct. Bahia Red is pretty much your standard red. The cars I have seen (including Brad Mayeur's very original example) don't really have any orange tint to them.
nathanxnathan
Someone on the forum linked this site the other day, which I thought was pretty cool to give a sense of actual colors. Doing the 914 visualizer I had such a hard time gauging the "actual" stock colors by photos online. I have a tangerine car and always thought before I got it that Tangerine was darker. I have an Adratic Blue car and you'd think it was lighter based on photos online. I think the resprayed versions of Adriatic are lighter and less true blue than the original.

Check out the assortment of pics in the gallery below on this page. It looks like Bahia red is quite red rather than orange, but in bright light there is a tinge of orange that comes through.

https://www.rennbow.org/porsche-colors/BahiaRed
914Next
Yup. Bahia is more a true red. I bought touch up from paintscratch and it was spot on.
Conrad192
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Jun 23 2022, 11:26 AM) *

Bought a can of BAHIA RED touch-up spray from 2 different suppliers - 1 from automotivetouchup & 1 from paintscratch - both supposedly L30E. One can had a slight orange tint to it while the other was a truer red. Anyone have any feel for the real Bahia Red color? I'm thinking it should be the more red color which more closely matches the car's present color (although it was repainted by a PO). Perhaps the one can was a bad mix. Any thoughts??

Paul

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.