Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 - 4 wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chaz2000
I'm looking for pictures/images of wiring connecting to any and all components; headlights, sidelights, tail lights, blower motors... anything that has wires going to it.

I have the wiring diagrams but have difficulty reading them.

I'm asking for this because the 914 I bought has cut wires in the front trunk, back truck, engine bay, under the dash and in the seating area.

Also, what do you use to clean the wires?

TIA.
mepstein
Do you have the diagram from Prosperos garage?

nathanxnathan
These might help — Pics of the 70 I am working on. Some of the wiring is messed up which is a lot of the reason I was in there, but possibly of some help. There's also a 71 wiring diagram (same as the 70?) from pelican parts archive from the wayback machine, 2 parts A and B as well as a txt file of the legend which I compiled from the 72 diagram that I have the factory version of. If you ctrl click the pics and bring them up in tabs maybe, the link is just a dump of a directory.

http://nathansdesign.com/nathan/storage/wirereference/
JeffBowlsby
There are a few of the more important connection diagrams here, be advised they are from a 1974 and may be different than your '70. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm
mepstein
I also have a NOS early harness if you need certain pics. It’s not labeled but I’ll take pics if it helps.
slowrodent
Thanks to everyone who chimed in here. Very beneficial info. For me, Nathan's numerous pics were awesome - having never seen my car actually assembled. smile.gif
emerygt350
That prosperos thing is nice.
Do you have a better resolution version?
mepstein
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Jun 23 2022, 07:58 PM) *

They sell on eBay for $20-25. They are laminated. Well worth the money.
SixerJ
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 24 2022, 01:16 AM) *

QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Jun 23 2022, 07:58 PM) *

They sell on eBay for $20-25. They are laminated. Well worth the money.

914-6 Zapf version is also a vision to behold

Mrs was poking through my stash (dangerous) & she stumbled across it, has decided that since I'm not working on the car she is going to get the diagram framed and on the wall for me

Not even prompted. Must be doing something right at the moment / due to fall from grace

Chaz, good luck with the -4 wiring! & buy the poster, your eyes and head wacko.gif will thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.