Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green, Green or Green
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Puebloswatcop
I am trying to get color samples of 3 Porsche green colors so I can do a side by side comparrison....Ravenna Green, Acid Green and Light Green/Birch.

The nearest porsche dealership is 150 miles from where I am located, so at this point thats not an option to just go visit and hope they have color chips.....

Any idea of where or how I can obtain color samples?????
mepstein
Google - Porsche green color chart. The way it looks on a monitor isn’t the same as in person but it will give you a lot to look at.

I like my local Porsche dealer but I doubt they have a good selection of color samples. I would find a local painter or paint shop and work with them.
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 23 2022, 01:56 PM) *

Google - Porsche green color chart. The way it looks on a monitor isn’t the same as in person but it will give you a lot to look at.

I like my local Porsche dealer but I doubt they have a good selection of color samples. I would find a local painter or paint shop and work with them.

Thanks Mark. I have been looking at all of the porsche pictures, but you're right, the monitor and pictures vary greatly even on the same color so are pretty useless for comparison purposes.

I guess a trip to a good reputable painter is my next option, but even that is a 40 mile drive....lol.
StarBear
I think a ppg distributor or dealer might help.
All the colored are on Jeff bowlsby’s website, but you are right that different monitors will show it differently. BTW, that extends to samples, too - I have three “ official “ L64K Zambezi Green paints and all are slightly different. Go with what you like.
SavingManuals
@Puebloswatcop Maybe this will help a bit....

1. Google search: porsche ravenna green

2. From the results, choose an option that references "rennbow.org", like this:

Ravenna Green (Rennbow) | Porsche Club of America ...
https://www.rennbow.org/colorwiki/RavennaGreen

3. When you land on the Rennbow page for Ravenna Green, scroll to the bottom where it says this:

Photo Gallery of Ravenna Green
Other examples of Ravenna Green across Porsche model range

4. In a new browser window for each color, do the same for these search terms:
porsche acid green
porsche birch green

5. For each color, I was able to find a picture from the "Photo Gallery..." portion of each page, where the lighting was fairly similar, such that I could see the very basic tonal differences in the 3 colors.

It's not a definitive method to be sure, but maybe it will help? confused24.gif
sixnotfour
vw sage green
sixnotfour
74 porsche sebring green
Literati914
Jeff already mentioned Rennbow, it really is a great tool imo. It often shows the colors in different lighting conditions which is nce. Try opening each color that you like in separate Tabs. Then you can easily flip back and forth between the favorites.
https://www.rennbow.org/porsche-colors

mepstein
When you do finally decide, have your painter do a spray out of the color to see it up close and personal.
ClayPerrine
I just did a google maps lookup. It is only 90 miles from Mineola to the Porsche dealer on Lemmon avenue in Dallas. poke.gif

There are color charts on 914world showing the different available colors on a 914...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=colors

Check it out.

Clay
worn
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Jun 23 2022, 12:43 PM) *

I am trying to get color samples of 3 Porsche green colors so I can do a side by side comparrison....Ravenna Green, Acid Green and Light Green/Birch.

The nearest porsche dealership is 150 miles from where I am located, so at this point thats not an option to just go visit and hope they have color chips.....

Any idea of where or how I can obtain color samples?????

My paint supplier sold me half pints to decide. I went with the stock color (red) in the end, but the really eye popping green was great.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 23 2022, 03:00 PM) *

74 porsche sebring green

I don't care..I still like the idea of that front bumper valence to run a front cooler w/o cutting the frunk. beerchug.gif
Puebloswatcop
So I had to drive to Dallas Love Field today to pick up my son and daughter in law. I stopped at the Dallas Porsche Dealership and they sent me to their authorized paint shop and OMG there must have been over 100 cars in different stages of repair and paint. Like 8 paint booths, it was like heaven for high end car ressurection.....

Anyway, enough drooling. I have decided to go with the Porsche Acid Green....It really pops and I think with the metalic color I have for my suspension and engine tin, it will offset beautifully.

Click to view attachment
914e
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 23 2022, 04:34 PM) *

When you do finally decide, have your painter do a spray out of the color to see it up close and personal.

agree.gif Yes do this. I could not decide which orange I wanted to go with so the paint store mixed me up pint or half pint of each and I sprayed a 12 by 12 piece of metal in each color, it still took me a few more days to decide.

There is a local 914 owner who had his car painted, nice paint job, just not in the color he was expecting.
Puebloswatcop
Yep, The painter was awesome. He not only had a paint out of it he gave me all of the mix codes and he gave me a full brief on what color primer to use and how many coats it would take to do the full cover with it. He was an awesome guy, not stingy with information. If I could afford to have him paint it I would but I would guess at a place like that it would be well over $25K
SavingManuals
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Jun 24 2022, 01:51 PM) *

I have decided to go with the Porsche Acid Green....It really pops and I think with the metalic color I have for my suspension and engine tin, it will offset beautifully.

agree.gif
I was thinking the same color! I'll stick with Ravenna because my car seems to be all original, but man...I love Acid Green. Can't wait to see it!
smilie_pokal.gif

bkrantz
Bold!
JmuRiz
I like the acid green, it’s like my Ravenna tuned up to 11.
I got my daughter an acid green 918 ride-on car when she was 1 smilie_pokal.gif
Puebloswatcop
I gotta say it was a tough decision whether to stay original in the Ravenna or step it up to the Acid green....in the end the Acid just pops so hot....and any idiot who tries to claim they didn't see me if they hit my car is either color blind or lying.....

Seriously, the colors aren't night and day different, but the Acid green really is beautiful and it's a Porsche paint to sample color so carries a Porscge paint code. So my plan is to update the color code mounted on the car with the Porsche color code....
racer914
I'll be interested to see the results as this is the color I have chosen for mine as well. I hope to have to body & paint in the next few months.
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(racer914 @ Jun 25 2022, 07:56 AM) *

I'll be interested to see the results as this is the color I have chosen for mine as well. I hope to have to body & paint in the next few months.

We may be getting to paint around the same time....lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.