Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: screw direction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Speedo
Front valance is welded, textured and painted. Parts pdf shows the speednut attached to the valance and the screws coming throught the body and pointing out. I would have thought the speednut attached to the body and the screws going through the valance and pointing in? School me please.
Shivers
Mine came from the inside out when I pulled it off originally
jcd914
With the screws going inside to out. you can remove the screws via the trunk with the bumper in place otherwise you need to remove the bumper.

Jim
Speedo
And I now realize that you can install them loosely, then install the bumper and the tighten the valance up to the bumper from the inside of the trunk. Those screws are slotted hex head 4.7 x 16 like this one on the leftClick to view attachment?

And is the speed nut a std that slips ove the metal flange on the valance, or does it "float" and have the bent arms that capture the end of the screw and keep the screw from backing out?

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jun 25 2022, 02:34 PM) *

With the screws going inside to out. you can remove the screws via the trunk with the bumper in place otherwise you need to remove the bumper.

Jim
Speedo
Which of these is the correct speednut?
Click to view attachment
Shivers
Mine has something like what is pictured on the left.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.