Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Late Drivers Door ASAP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914Sixer
Found out 73 has incorrect door. Has mid year non-guard beam door. NEED 73-76 door, a black one would be optimal. biggrin.gif
914Sixer
icon_bump.gif Really need door.
Front yard mechanic
I have a passenger door in albuquerque stirthepot.gif
914Sixer
headbang.gif
MLedesma
I have a few, in Colorado...
914Sixer
MLedesma you have a PM
friethmiller
Sorry I missed this earlier. I've got a late driver and passenger-side door from a '74 in Austin, TX. PM me. I'll hook you up.
Pezz
Door in Oregon. I can cut off the skeleton. Shell is OK.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
914Sixer
Sorry for any misunderstanding. Just need drivers door LESS all the rest of the parts. Trying to find one close to keep shipping real.
mb911
Just curious what shipping is on something like this. Would like a rust free late drivers door at some point as well and wondering what shipping costs.
Pezz
Hi 914sixer and mb911 and others
The door weighs 30 lbs without the box and padding.
The dimensions of a box are 48x20x6
Shipping fron 97636, Oregon
UPS quotes $69.04 to San Angelo and $78.41 to Burlington.
Hope these specs help everyone interested.
~Pezz
914Sixer
Working with Pezz on getting door here.
bdstone914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 3 2022, 10:57 AM) *

@914sixer

The door @pezz posted pictures of looks like an early door without the reinforcement. You shou km d be able to see it through the holes.
Pezz
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 3 2022, 12:15 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 3 2022, 10:57 AM) *

@914sixer

The door @pezz posted pictures of looks like an early door without the reinforcement. You shou km d be able to see it through the holes.

HO! @bdstone914
Brad, you are always on top of these differences. Thanks.
Mark? Please confirm before I ship. The door was on a '70, but it is not original.
@914Sixer
Copy, Over~
914Sixer
Bruce your right, not a late door. Will cancel and keep looking.
Pezz
Bruce, sorry I got your name wrong. headbang.gif
Mark, thanks for asking and checking for sure, no problem. aktion035.gif
This door is still available. smash.gif
Thanks everyone~. piratenanner.gif
Shivers
Hi Mark: I have a set of later doors I was going to use but I do have an early passenger door I can use. If you have a really good early drivers door (72’) I’ll trade you if you pay shipping for both. Here is the door
@914Sixer
Click to view attachment
Shivers
Click to view attachment
JamesM
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 26 2022, 12:07 PM) *

Found out 73 has incorrect door. Has mid year non-guard beam door. NEED 73-76 door, a black one would be optimal. biggrin.gif

Confused on which door you are looking for as there were 3 different door types used in 73 depending on when it was built.

1. Very Early 73s used the same doors as 72 with the cable window lifts
2. Some mid period in 73 they used the later style doors with scissor lifts but no side beams.
3. Later 73 used scissor lifts and side impact beams.

I have owned 73s of each of those styles. Still have 1&3 #2 I parted out 20 years ago but kept the doors for my autox car.

If you have a mid year door and are looking for an impact beam door I would gladly trade you one. Guessing others closer to you might as well. I like to call the midyear doors "Unicorn doors" A they are the best of both early and late doors, provided you are not looking for the side impact protection (Better window lifts than the early and much lighter weight than the lates) and are also far harder to find than the other two as there were only a small number of 73 cars made with them.
914Sixer
James,
The driver door I have now is the "Unicorn" with no guard beam wind up window door. I currently have a lead on a late door in Central Texas. I will get back to you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.