Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Todays Gauge Build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
All you need is some one to do your dial face. You will need two different gauges and a soldering gun. If you have a cleaned everything up, should take 10 minutes to build gauge with parts ready to go. This a 60mm gauge so you can use it in the console. NOTE the red low light is in the left position like stock gauge NOT at 1 o"clock like GT
914werke
Nice!
Montreal914
Nice teaser! smile.gif

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Justinp71
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 27 2022, 05:45 PM) *

All you need is some one to do your dial face. You will need two different gauges and a soldering gun. If you have a cleaned everything up, should take 10 minutes to build gauge with parts ready to go. This a 60mm gauge so you can use it in the console. NOTE the red low light is in the left position like stock gauge NOT at 1 o"clock like GT

Do you have the part number on that fuel gauge? I have one but it reads a little on the low side. So if I truly have half a tank it will show about a 1/4 tank or less.
Root_Werks
Curiuos what gauge you are using. I opted for the 2 1/16 VDO in the lower dash:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=346657&hl=

The correct-est gauge is NLA VDO 301-220. I found a NOS unit = luck.

I've run the tank full and with only 1.5 gallons. The VDO 301-220 is very close to spot on with the 914 sending unit.
914Sixer
Gauge is custom built using 911 fuel gauge and 67 Saab fuel gauge. 911 unit and the 914 have the same resistance. Using the 60mm Saab gauge you get the console size hole and low fuel light bulb holder. You unsolder the Saab unit and solder in the 911 unit. Had face done to the style of the 914 console gauge.

Yes VDO 301-220 is the closest gauge to 914 fuel tank.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.