Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Console Gauge Wiring Harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rick986
My '75 914 came with a center console that appears to be an add-on based on how it's wired. As well, the color of the wires don't match the diagrams I've found.

P.O. also installed an aftermarket radio that has power wires tied into the gauge wires. I've got some intermittent gremlins that need addressed and I want to clean this up/make it right.

I see that AA and others sell a console gauge harness and believe I have read that '73+ cars came with the wiring necessary to connect this to. Is this correct? I haven't taken out the whole console yet to see where the current spaghetti setup is going...and not crazy about getting this deep if it's not going to fix the problems.

Thanks guys!
914werke
QUOTE(Rick986 @ Jun 28 2022, 06:38 AM) *
I have read that '73+ cars came with the wiring necessary to connect this to. Is this correct?

It is. You car should have 3 connectors approx. parallel with your heater lever in a relief atop of the tunnel where the main harness runs. This is the OE spot which the console harness attaches.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
It is very easy to wire and the pigtail is built into the 75 wiring harness. Jeff B makes a perfect new console wiring harness that we sell

My '75 914 came with a center console that appears to be an add-on based on how it's wired. As well, the color of the wires don't match the diagrams I've found.

P.O. also installed an aftermarket radio that has power wires tied into the gauge wires. I've got some intermittent gremlins that need addressed and I want to clean this up/make it right.

I see that AA and others sell a console gauge harness and believe I have read that '73+ cars came with the wiring necessary to connect this to. Is this correct? I haven't taken out the whole console yet to see where the current spaghetti setup is going...and not crazy about getting this deep if it's not going to fix the problems.

Thanks guys!

Rick986
Thanks George. I'm going to take the console out and see what I'm working with.

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jun 28 2022, 09:01 AM) *

It is very easy to wire and the pigtail is built into the 75 wiring harness. Jeff B makes a perfect new console wiring harness that we sell

Thanks guys!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.