Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mpg for the win
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
emerygt350
Been having a hard time deciding which fun car to drive, until now... Both have 16 gallon tanks, I think I almost got 160 miles on the mustang before I hit the fuel light. 260 miles on the 914 still have 3/8s a tank left on the gauge. Obviously driving both like an idiot. I think the gt350 might be taking a little garage nap for a while. Race on the 10th, but beyond that I might have to stick with the 914 just to keep the fuel bill sane.
bkrantz
I have a 2017 911 C2. And I have to drive it way beyond reasonable (and legal) on the street to get worse than 22-24 mpg.
Literati914
I have a rebuilt 1.7 and a 2056 based off of a 2L and a 3.3L suby, all waiting for their cars to be finished - the 1.7L is actually the one I'm looking forward to installing and doing a lot of driving in!

wonkipop
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Jun 28 2022, 07:17 PM) *

Been having a hard time deciding which fun car to drive, until now... Both have 16 gallon tanks, I think I almost got 160 miles on the mustang before I hit the fuel light. 260 miles on the 914 still have 3/8s a tank left on the gauge. Obviously driving both like an idiot. I think the gt350 might be taking a little garage nap for a while. Race on the 10th, but beyond that I might have to stick with the 914 just to keep the fuel bill sane.

well you do have that thumping V8 in the mustang.
what is it. a 351?
were they still dropping that unit in for that fabo mustang you have.
i compute 10 mpg. sounds pretty economical for one of those.
an aussie would probably be stoked at that slurpage rate.

but ........ know what you mean. petrols off the hook down here in north antarctica.

i've slotted the V6 XM citroen into the back of the shed.
right now its threatening my 6 pack supply with its thirst.

the renault RS clio is at the top of the drive it list.

the 914 sits in the middle. old WW2 tech. sort of economical. but not really.
not around town anyway. you have to stick your boot into it to get it to do anything.
which just helps it mainline its addiction to heavy molecules.

now i have the falcon ute to worry about. big lazy anachronistic straight 6.
measures its drinking in slabs not 6 packs. its a slob.

you got my sympathy. know how you feel.
emerygt350
It is the 302, but in town it's just terrible on fuel. Highway it will do 21ish. The 914 in town still keeps it pretty good. Maybe close to 20? Highway looks to be really good. Need to do a real test on it to find out.. I wouldn't doubt it is close to 30.
brant
My tired stock 2.0 Djet regularly gets 30 - 32 mpg on road trips. And 400 miles per a tank
Olympic 914
On the trip to the Carlisle Swap this year , the 2056 w/ Djet got 29.3 mpg over 360 miles

But that was total PA turnpike, (few miles in Carlisle)

Really happy about that.

I'm done messing with the MPS.

That rivals the 718 Cayman, which will get 30 driving conservatively.
Jamie
QUOTE(brant @ Jun 29 2022, 05:12 AM) *

My tired stock 2.0 Djet regularly gets 30 - 32 mpg on road trips. And 400 miles per a tank

My engineer Dad said the teener 1.7 got 44 mpg but the first thing I tossed when I bought the car from him was his meticulously kept log book! bs.gif
emerygt350
Oh that hurts. I wish the PO had kept more records in his little Porsche log book.
wonkipop
we don't do mpg measure down here.
litres per 100k.

but i did once work out what mine got on a trip up country last year.
in miles per US gallon just to see if it was close to US advertising claims of 70s still.

i managed 28 mpg.
that was two people.
fully loaded up with luggage. full gas tank. roof off all the way.
and some reasonably hard pressing up and down hill twisties for a bit.
(thats when i discovered again the "joys" of 76 hp! - 1.8 L jet).

i think the claims were 29 mpg back in the day. so it did pretty good.
its a lot thirstier than that around town.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.