Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caravan to WCR2022 - Update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
It's never to early to begin planning the drive to this epic event. I plan to leave the Temecula area ~0400 so I can get through the LA area before traffic becomes a nightmare. I'd like to be @ the 210 & 5 junction by 0530 appx. Thinking breakfast & petro somewhere north of LA before 0830. Looking to arrive Petaluma ~1530hrs. Anyone else? I'm open to the route we take. beerchug.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
ValcoOscar
I like your plan....I'm in

also, Jerry will join us.

Let's touch base as it gets closer

Thx Kent

Oscar
sb914
There’s people from Arizona coming through as well maybe they could join in?
tygaboy
The social hour at the Red Barn starts whenever folks want to arrive. I'm assuming dinner will be served starting maybe 5:30 ish. All food is coming from Lombardi's BBQ, which is right down the street.

Chicken, ribs, baked beans, salad, beer, wine and water will be provided.

I'll be here all day so feel free to get here whenever works.
Safe travels! driving.gif driving.gif
rhodyguy
Kent, Riverside is about an hour from your place with fair traffic? How swell is the 5? At 5:30am? What is your planned route? If I drive to or thru Portland on a weekday, I leave no later than 3:30.
76-914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 29 2022, 09:06 AM) *

There’s people from Arizona coming through as well maybe they could join in?

That's possible depending on what time we'd meet up. I found a Denny's (5701 Dennis McCarthy Dr.) in Lebec, CA. That about 40 miles south of the 5 & 40 Junction. If the AZ & NV contingent ate breakfast in Bakersfield about the same time as us we could all join up at the 5/40 interchange and head to Chris' from there. Any preferences about toll roads. Looks like we shave off 30 minutes by using the toll roads thru SF area. I digress to the locals having SF travel intel.
tygaboy
To those trailering:
Could I ask that you please drop your trailers at the hotel and/or carpool over? Geoff is going to be overnighting here with his motorhome/trailer and with all the others who I expect, I'd be easiest for everyone if we didn't try and get trailers in here, too.

If it's a pain to unhitch, I'd be happy to coordinate coming to get you / take you back. And there's always Uber...

Thanks in advance for your understanding.
Chris
914-300Hemi
We will be leaving late, so we most likely will not be joining the caravan.
VegasRacer
I don't know of any Grand Canyon State peeps who might be coming this way. confused24.gif

I believe Mike @mxkinn01 and I are the only ones from the Silver State planning to attend. I am pretty sure he will be trailering and might be heading up earlier and doing some family stuff.

I will be watching this thread as plans develop and will adjust my schedule to rendezvous at the prescribed location.
Breakfast in Bakersfield. blink.gif Sounds delicious. chowtime.gif I can't wait.

BTW - The Cayman is at Trophy Performance right now getting oil and brakes done.
See you all in 3 weeks. boldblue.gif

76-914
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jun 29 2022, 09:45 AM) *

The social hour at the Red Barn starts whenever folks want to arrive. I'm assuming dinner will be served starting maybe 5:30 ish. All food is coming from Lombardi's BBQ, which is right down the street.

Chicken, ribs, baked beans, salad, beer, wine and water will be provided.

I'll be here all day so feel free to get here whenever works.
Safe travels! driving.gif driving.gif

@tygaboy Chris, I hope there will be a donation jar available to those of us taking advantage of your overwhelming generosity. beerchug.gif
FL000
We will probably join the caravan; I’ll keep an eye on the thread also. We take the 138 through Gorman to catch the 5, so Lebec is convenient for meeting up if you end up stopping there.

~Josh
rhodyguy
Which way are you going at I-5 and Stockton? Heading for the costal run or the slog thu the Syskious and and head west at Grants Pass?
jcd914
My wife Mary and I are planning to join up with the caravan north and of course the social hour and dinner.
We will be flat towing the 914 behind our motorhome and probably lay over at the KOA, not sure what else is around.

Jim

Click to view attachment

fiacra
As always, we are all beholden to Chris for his insane generosity and gracious hospitality. I'm not going to make WCR but I live close enough to Chris to meet you folks in Petaluma so I'm taking the day off work to be there. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
Andyrew
What time are you guys leaving Petaluma?
76-914
It's a 6hr drive so I'm thinking 0600 will get us into Brookings right around lunch time. Thoughts?? driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
76-914
I found an IHop at an intersection on the 5 that will allow the NV contingency to hook up and have breakfast with the SoCal group. It is only about 40 miles north of the Denny's I had mentioned here earlier. I plan to be at the intersection of the 210 & 5 (Sylmar) @ ~0730. The IHop is ~2hr's north so that would put us there at ~0930. God willing and the creeks don't rise we should be in Petaluma 1530-1400hr's. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif @ValcoOscar @VegasRacer @FL000
76-914
Extra points if we arrive IHop at 0914! biggrin.gif
strawman
Nancy and I plan to leave San Luis Obispo around 9AM with her green 914 flat-towed behind our Suburban (we are no longer planning to pull it behind our motorhome or to dry camp at Chris' place). This puts us at the Motel 6 in Petaluma around 3PM, and we'll unhook the 914 and drive over to The Garage Majal within the hour. Looking forward to seeing you guys!
Geoff
FL000
Hey Kent, Adelita and I can be at that IHOP at 0930; just let us know where it is.
76-914
Duh headbang.gif Here you go Josh........29541 Stockdale Hiway, Bakersfield, CA 93312 661-764-6907 https://maps.apple.com/place?q=IHOP&ll=...United%20States
ValcoOscar
Thanks Kent @76-914

I like your plan.

Both Jerry and I (along with our spouses) will leave OC 7/20 @ 5:30am.

I have accommodations for @VegasRacer and @Mxkinn01 for Tue evening, if it helps.

Then we can all roll out together

Trailer.jpg Trailer.jpg irish914.jpg red914.jpg

** Meet up for breakfast @ Bakersfield **

Oscar

76-914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 12 2022, 09:35 AM) *

Thanks Kent @76-914

I like your plan.

I have accommodations for @VegasRacer and @Mxkinn01 for Tue evening, if it helps.

Oscar

John is going to meet us at the IHop @ 0914. I'm planning on hooking up with you & Jerry in Symar at the 210 & 5 junction. I think if I leave here at 0430 that will put me there around 0700. Does that sound about right Oscar? I'm not familiar with that area. The Ihop is about 1.5 hours from Sylmar:confused:
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 12 2022, 01:54 PM) *

Thanks Kent @76-914

I like your plan.

Oscar

John is going to meet us at the IHop @ 0914. I'm planning on hooking up with you & Jerry in Symar at the 210 & 5 junction. I think if I leave here at 0430 that will put me there around 0700. Does that sound about right Oscar? I'm not familiar with that area. The Ihop is about 1.5 hours from Sylmar:confused:

Sounds good, 210 & 5 junction @6:30am

O
76-914
Will that work for you John. We could leave the IHop @0914. confused24.gif
Mike D.
Gonna miss you guys this year. Well, I woudn't actually say "miss"; I'm going to be in Hawaii. smile.gif
Have Fun and Drive Safe!

ps, Split up the tools and spares so not everyone is carrying the same thing!
76-914
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jul 12 2022, 02:57 PM) *

Gonna miss you guys this year. Well, I woudn't actually say "miss"; I'm going to be in Hawaii. smile.gif
Have Fun and Drive Safe!

ps, Split up the tools and spares so not everyone is carrying the same thing!

You know Mike; I missed Rt66 this year and in my absence I was nominated to organize next years Rt66. Just saying.......don't be surprised when you get back home from Hawaii. happy11.gif
VegasRacer

Oscar

Thanks for the offer, Sir Oscar. beerchug.gif
My schedule this time does not have room for an added waypoint before the caravan up. yellowsleep[1].gif
Instead, I have padded the back end and allocated 3 or 4 days of touring in Oregon and Idaho before returning home. driving.gif

Rain Check on the Accommodations Offer? pat.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 12 2022, 02:48 PM) *

Will that work for you John. We could leave the IHop @0914. confused24.gif

It should. driving.gif chowtime.gif

I plan to leave Vegas at 0400. MapQuest says 300 miles and 4 1/2 hours.
My only concern is crawling thru Bakersfield in 8am traffic. popcorn[1].gif confused24.gif

If I am early . . . . knock on the window and wake me up.
If I am late and you take off. icon_bump.gif No Problem. happy11.gif

I am confident I can catch up with you pulling trailers. av-943.gif

smilie_wirdgut.gif See ya there. (Stockdale IHOP) flag.gif

I have phone numbers for Kent, Oscar and Mike.
Y'all should have mine. thumb3d.gif

mxkinn01

Thanks Kent @76-914

I like your plan.

Oscar

Oscar,
Thanks for the accommodations offer. @ValcoOscar is the MAN. I padded the return home trip with the extra time. My better half will be working all day Tuesday, so we'll leave Wednesday morning early like @VegasRacer John and meet up with everyone at Ihop in Bakersfield. Same as John, if we are there early tap on the window and if we are late take off, we'll catch up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.