Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center Console Ideas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Just playing around for different looks. 1st one is all (NLA) NOS 2 5/8" VDO Pro Cockpit gauges. 2nd is if you use the 911 oil temp/pressure gauge.
StarBear
Despite me being more of a purist, the first is much more interesting and helpful.
scallyk9
I'd opt for the gauge panel on the right and use the 911 oil temp & pressure gauge in the main gauge pad. On my 3.2L conversion that I use for DE track days, I have the oil temp, pressure gauges where the radio would be but would love to have that info left of the tachometer.
Ansbacher
A clock should always be substituted with the most important gauge you can have- a cylinder head temp gauge. Then when you break down on the road, you won't have to say, "I didn't know how hot the engine was getting but I knew what time it was!"

Ansbacher
Montreal914
I had your right picture setup, with the 911 combo pressure/temp,

My plans as part of my restoration rolleyes.gif will be to keep my silver button 911 oil combo, and integrate the fuel gauge in the lower part of the tach (à la 911 Turbo boost gauge).

Now for the console, I want to make an analog CTH in a 60mm VDO gauge housing with a silver button hand. smile.gif I also have a 60mm VDO MBZ ambient temp gauge with a silver button, and finally I need to determine what to use as a third gauge (clock, volt, A/F ratio, other...).

The goal will be for all the console gauges to be 60mm with factory look, and silver buttoned. sunglasses.gif

Slowly working on the details as to how to. The biggest challenge at this point is the CHT. I have a temperature compensated K-Type thermocouple controller/reader (thanks @GregAmy ) and need to figure a way to use the 0-5V output to move the hand of a 60mm gauge (oil temp maybe idea.gif ) and calibrate a scale to it to show the head temp in the desired range (~150 to 500F ) smile.gif

Of course I could send everything to North Hollywood Speedometer but that's a different budget and where would be the fun in this!

stirthepot.gif
emerygt350
You can easily make your own...

Click to view attachment

With all the gauges! Still no clock.
Cairo94507
I love the one on the left. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.