Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radio install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theer
I’m installing a Becker CDR220 radio.

These are from early 2000’s Boxster. With a little Bluetooth dongle you can use the CD function to use your phone.

Anyway, I’ve done this before, but can’t for the life of me remember where I got the bracket to pick up the back of the radio to the mount on the firewall.

Mount:
Click to view attachment

Bracket I have used:
Click to view attachment

Installed radio:
Click to view attachment

The problem is the offset of the mount on the firewall vs the center point of the radio. I know I didn’t make that bracket. anyone know where to get one?

Not sure it makes a difference, but the installed radio is in a ‘72, the new one is a ‘75.

Thanks!
Tom
914Sixer
Try a piece of pipe strap.
Shivers
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 4 2022, 05:28 AM) *

Try a piece of pipe strap.

He got this out before I could. Plumbers tape will work, used it before. And no one will see it. Otherwise if I was pressed for it, I'd break out a tape and make one. Cardboard template, trace on some sheet metal and use some wiss cutters and a file. Paint to suit. If you bake the tacky painted piece for three hours at 300 it will harden similar to powder coat.
bbrock
I prefer to use stereo mounting strap over plumbing strap. It is heavier gauge than plumbing strap so a more solid mount, but still easy to bend.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-4g1jdOxIjCe/p...Back-Strap.html
IPB Image
theer
Thanks- all good suggestions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.