Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior Replacement - 76 - Anacona Blue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bradburm
Hi All

New to the site and new to fixing/restoring 914's - restored a couple of Mopar's and just switched with a purchase of 1976 2.0 Anacona blue on BAT with I think has a unique interior. - White seats, carpet, armrest and backing with a black dash. The interior is junk and needs to be replaced - so a couple of questions, do i leave the carpet white? Can i changed the carpet to black so the normal wear and tear is not as noticeable - or does this kill any originality, etc?

I welcome all opinions - my two Mopar's are all original, matching numbers, etc - so I understand originality

Does someone make complete kits for the interior or can I take to my car upholsterer?

Can you get the original seat covers, etc? I have aready pulled the seats but not the counsel or backing nor carpet yet. The seats have black mold on the back of them as the backing (Someone tell me the proper name) .

Do they make new material for the sunvisors? or is this something I can recover?

I was also wondering if i could install a heat/sound deadner prior to reinstalling the carpet seats? Has anyone done that - i ask because it made a huge difference on my Mopars'

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
Sunshine kills black mold ,look at 914 rubber for the rest thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Dave_Darling
The blue is Ancona, named after a city in Italy. Not Anacona or Anaconda.

The white interior was an option for the 1975 model year, I haven't seen any 76es in person with one but according to the paint and fabric info I have it was available.

Not all parts of the interior were white, a fair amount of it was black.

Check this thread for some pics of a 914 with a white interior.

--DD
Mikey914
I have a 75 Alaska blue with the white interior.
Thought I had some in stock I'll check tomorrow. This as well as the back vinyl.
https://914rubber.com/sewn-leatherette-seat-material-set-1
https://914rubber.com/3-piece-back-pad-leatherette-set

FlacaProductions
new visors here:
https://www.bamboliltd.com/products/sunviso...gid=1&pid=9

there are some threads here about re-stuffing as the interior of yours will be dust.

914rubber has them as well - and should be one of your first stops for nearly anything: https://914rubber.com/search/?q=visor
welcome to the madness.
mmichalik
I have a 75 that is Ancona blue with white interior. Literally just about finished with the restoration of the car, after 6 years of working on it.
I bought my carpet kit from Auto Atlanta and according to George Huessey, it is called "Oatmeal" I'm not sure if 914Rubber has it but, if they do they would also make a quality kit.
You can see that the seat covers are available. I had my interior done by Auto's International here in San Diego so, I couldn't tell you how difficult it would be to change them out. But, I would think that it would just take a little time and effort to make them look perfect.
The color combination at first didn't sit well with me but now that I have it pretty much all together, I love it.
You should keep it. smile.gif Here are a couple of pics I posted over the weekend. HMU if you have any questions, I would be happy to talk about it
StarBear
Keep the white. Very unique and dashing. All great comments above!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes have it all in the original materials, great color combination ancona metalic with white
DaveB
How do you know the original interior came with the white seats?

DaveB
rick 918-S
Oh no you need to throw that whole thing out. Door panels and all! I will tell you how to do it. Get a big box from U-haul. Put everything inside it and bring it to the nearest Greyhound Bus depot and address it to me. When it arrives I will see the box gets a proper disposal. drooley.gif biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 5 2022, 06:38 PM) *

The blue is Ancona, named after a city in Italy. Not Anacona or Anaconda.

The white interior was an option for the 1975 model year, I haven't seen any 76es in person with one but according to the paint and fabric info I have it was available.

Not all parts of the interior were white, a fair amount of it was black.

Check this thread for some pics of a 914 with a white interior.

--DD

Funny, I've been spelling it wrong for years. I didn't know the history behind the name, pretty neat.
rgalla9146

Unbelievable, your concrete matches your carpet.
r_towle
Google World Upholstery
bradburm
Thanks All,

All your insight is much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I live in Houston and my shop is in Oklahoma so I don't get much time - I am keeping the seats white or oatmeal as well as the back pad and console.

I assume I will need to replace the door panels also as they probably wont match since they are worn also.

Questions,
IS it easier/cheaper to take to a car upholstery shop and have them use the same material for all the above or better to buy the covers etc through 914 rubber, etc and install or have installed?

I also have what I believe to be the original transmission for the car, came with the car - how do i validate its the original tranny? Is this something that parts are available for if I wanted to rebuild it myself? .

[b]Are there any recommended shops in the DFW, Houston area or Oklahoma City/Tulsa area that could rebuild it?
[/b]

I assume the tranny is worth fixing.

Thanks

BradClick to view attachment
Montreal914
If you need to rebuild your gearbox, Dr Evil (member here) is your reference. He made a great video that will walk you through the rebuild process, or you can send him the box for a turn key rebuild.

Brakes needs, PMB performance, Eric Shea, is the master.

Cool interior, good luck with your project! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.