Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: Race & Street Ready ‘74 914-6 Conversion Rolling Chassis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Rufus
SOLD: I bought this 1974 914-6 Conversion VIN 4742904078 in 2018 from an elderly racer in the process of selling off some of his numerous race cars. This -6 conversion chassis was built to handle the power and torque of the full race 3.8l engine it had in 2018 when advertised for sale. After taking delivery in San Bruno, CA, I drove it to Rothsport in Sherwood, OR. I was planning to use parts from this 914-6 conversion for a 1970 ‘real’ 914-6 project, but that plan was aborted.

The chassis is track ready, but street legal, and needs a drivetrain. Two of the Fuchs are real, two are reproductions, and the tires are old.

Features as described in the original 914World ad I bought the car from in 2018:
GT Tribute, fiberglass flares with Patrick Motorsports conversion parts.
Rennshifter.
Carrera suspension with Turbo brakes.
Complete chassis reinforcement.
Reinforced boxed trailing arms.
Sway bars.
Sparco seats.
Powder coated custom, removable rollcage.
RS door Panels.
Perfect dash with 911 gauges.
Complete interior.
Both black and yellow Targa tops included.

Additional chassis highlights as noted by Jeff Gamroth:
930 brake rotors with 996 front calipers and 964 rear calipers.
Turn buckle toe adjusters.
Late Boge struts with unknown shocks.
Rear shocks height adjustable but brand unknown.
Front torsion bars 22mm.
Heavier rear springs.
Large Setrab front oil cooler with AN16 Aeroquip hoses.
Patrick aluminum oil tank.
Patrick Motorsports 914-6 engine mount assy.

The oil cooler, fuel tank, oil tank, RS door panels, front turn signals, etc. will be reinstalled prior to delivery. Please note: the BBS wheels have been sold and are not available. The chassis now rolls on the Fuchs wheels shown and described herein.

Since the chassis is at Rothsport in Oregon and I’m in North Carolina, I have an agreement for Jeff to sell it on my behalf. Therefore please contact him (jeff@rothsport.com) with any questions, to make arrangements to inspect, etc..

For sale with CA title & expired registration. The $22,000 OBO asking price is very reasonable considering the cost to duplicate, especially in today’s inflationary environment.

Here are photos showing the chassis to be solid and rust free:
Rufus
Interior / dash …
Rufus
Longitudinals, etc. …
Rufus
More …
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.