Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pizza Hut
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
I guess someone liked two things I've always liked, 914's and Pizza Hut!
windforfun
That pic is sure as hell a classic. Did they serve beer then?

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
914Sixer
A long time ago for sure. chowtime.gif
Root_Werks
There was a Pizza Hut my parents would take us to back in the mid-late 70's through probably early 80's. Always remember it was cool, stuff for kids to do, adults could have beer etc.

Haven't seen a stand alone Pizza Hut in years.

Cool picture!
mepstein
They used to be the #1 pizza chain in the US until the owner of Domino’s connected the dots with college towns and late night pizza delivery.
I worked a a Pizza Hut for about a week and drove my 914 to work but no pics. It was 1983.
bbrock
Love that pic! Here's a pic from the maiden voyage of my car after finally getting it back on the road after a 35 year "rest." Stand alone Pizza Huts are still abundant here and they still serve beer. In fact, very small towns across the Great Plains are more likely to have a Pizza Hut than MacDonald's. It's commonly the the first or only franchise to show up in a community. Fun fact, Pizza Hut started in Wichita, KS less than 150 miles from where I grew up in Topeka and has figured large through most of my life. My college roommate once dated the daughter of the founder and to make it even more interesting for this crowd, he borrowed a 914 to drive on the date! Who knows? Maybe that's the car in the pic.

IPB Image
bkrantz
Here's my project car back in 2019, on the way home from Texas, at the hotel in Tucumcari. We had dinner at Pizza Hut. And they served beer.
wonkipop
we had them down here.

they got here very early on.
my faulty memories of childhood says before KFC and Maccas.

no 914s out the front.
but a holden monaro woulda been almost as good for any junior petrolhead.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.