Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Popup headlight trouble
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vitamin914
Perplexed... They worked this past fall. Up and down.

The car has sat until now (lack of time) and I decided to replace the rusted headlight assemblies with NOS units. With battery disconnected, relay removed for safety. Started on the passenger side. Removed the old assembly, by unscrewing the three screw inboard pivot, replaced metal pushrods with new plastic pushrods etc. Reassembled and wanted to test passenger popup. Connected battery, relays, pulled light switch and... nothing happened. Popup stayed down both sides. Turned off light switch. Turned manual lift knobs headlight went up then immediately down. Same on both sides. Light switch on, turned manual knob until fully up (stayed up). Turned off light switch both went down but do not go up...

Everything I have done is mechanical nothing with the electrical. I don't know if there is something related but I pulled off the bumper and removed the fog lights to fix rust. The fogs are still removed, wires free and not touching anything. Is there something common with the fogs preventing them from going up?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Remove the long stop bolt from the backside. I can see you have it all the way in on both.
It is only used for fine adjustment once everything is working. While you are in there, it should be removed.

It literally is only used to prevent the headlights from vibrating when in the fully open position.

http://www.914world.com/specs/headlight_adjustment.php

bye1.gif
Dave_Darling
If it goes down when you wind it to "up", you've still got power to the "wind it down" terminal.

There's one terminal that gets power when the headlight switch is out, and one that gets power when the switch is in. Sounds like that second one still has power going to it.

--DD
vitamin914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 8 2022, 11:51 PM) *

If it goes down when you wind it to "up", you've still got power to the "wind it down" terminal.

There's one terminal that gets power when the headlight switch is out, and one that gets power when the switch is in. Sounds like that second one still has power going to it.

--DD

That makes sense. When I pull out the switch and manually raise the lights they stay up until the switch is pushed in and they drop down.

That would mean that the switch when pulled out isn't sending power to lift them.
Bad switch or connection to the switch?

When pushed in and raising manually they go up and then immediately down confused me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.