Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dealer Options?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pastordavid
OK, now that I have started actually removing paint, I was working on the trunk lid. As I too of the first layer, I came upon a rather wierd stripe going from front to back. It looks to be a fade stripe, all in blue. My mother in law bought this 72 new in So Cal. It came with Riviera's, and this stripe. SWhen they had it repainted, they didn't redo the stripe. Help? Was this factory, dealer, or some other variation?

david
davep
Most likely dealer stripe along with the wheels.
redshift
Ok, there is a stripe kit... but it's supposed to go across the rear deck, and it's solid.. so..

Hmmm...

M
smg914
There was also a dealer installed front to back stripe kit (front trunk lid and rear trunk lid) that had the numbers 914 blended into the strip that was on the front trunk. Normaly you wouldn't paint over this stick on type of stripe. It sounds like yours may have been painted on. Aftermarket either way.
Bleyseng
Mine has/had all this two tone gay pinstriping all over the front deck and down the side of the wheel wells.

Saw that on several cars on the lots in 76. Dealer installed to look cool back in the day........
bondo
old pics

Third pic has some "cool back in the day" striping.
Thorshammer
Does anyone have any literature on the small duck tail spoiler that was popular back then. I have been told this was a dealer option, but have been unable to confirm this. If it is, due to some rule changes, I will be able to run that spoiler on my racecar. Any help???

Erik Madsen
Bleyseng
Nah, they came out as aftermarket parts but you could say they were a dealer option............who remembers back that far. biggrin.gif
smg914
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Aug 5 2005, 06:12 AM)
Nah, they came out as aftermarket parts ............. biggrin.gif

agree.gif
fatlando
QUOTE (Thorshammer @ Aug 5 2005, 06:08 AM)
Does anyone have any literature on the small duck tail spoiler that was popular back then. I have been told this was a dealer option, but have been unable to confirm this. If it is, due to some rule changes, I will be able to run that spoiler on my racecar. Any help???

Erik Madsen

i was clearing out my desk and found my original porsche 914 broschure that came with the car. but first here's to the nay-sayers that say that 914's are not porsches finger.gif

it's a 4 page broshcure that says "THE PORSCHE 914/1975" and is littered with porsche in the text everywhere.

Here are the dealer options listed, for both the 1.8 and 2.0.

Appearance Group.

* Steering wheel with leatherette cover.
* Center console with clock, oil temperature guage and voltage meter.
* Leatherette boot for shift lever.
* Dual tone horn.
*Fog lights in bumper.

Performance group

* Pressure cast alloy wheels.
* Front and rear stabilzer bars.
* Front Spoiler.

In some cases, the cars pictured in this catalog have been equipped with items which are optional or not available in the United States. Your local authorized Porsche Audi dealer will be glad to show you the latest list of standard equipment for this market, as well as all of the availble options. Desing and equipment specifications are subject ot change without notice."

pretty cool stuff....i know i'm a few days late, but wtf.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.