Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: licence plate lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gulf908
recently my number plate lights have been going AWOL and a change of fuse #7 returns them to operations
as this has happened several times,I am assuming there is a fault or shorting causing this problem
what are the likely places to start looking to correct this ?
I have also changed the bulbs and cleaned the light housings and they are now in very nice condition

TIA
Dennis smile.gif
rgalla9146

A short to ground causes a fuse to blow.
I'd start at the relay board in the engine compartment and go toward the rear.
Look for frayed wires along the left side of the trunk and across the
latch panel.
Push and pull the harness with the lights on, try to cause the fuse to blow.
9146C
The rear trunk light is on the same circuit.

These lights are meant to be installed with one side to the body ground and if installed backwards will cause the fuse to blow.

Assuming the lights have not be reversed for polarity, then yes, working with a multimeter to determine the "leak" will be required.
JeffBowlsby
^^^Agree. Check the wiring on your lights:

Front yard mechanic
Nice diagram beer.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
check the plug ins, the brown lead has to connect to the light body! Very important or the lights will ground out

QUOTE(gulf908 @ Jul 8 2022, 11:07 PM) *

recently my number plate lights have been going AWOL and a change of fuse #7 returns them to operations
as this has happened several times,I am assuming there is a fault or shorting causing this problem
what are the likely places to start looking to correct this ?
I have also changed the bulbs and cleaned the light housings and they are now in very nice condition

TIA
Dennis smile.gif

gulf908
all

thanks for the replys
problem now fixed
thanks Jeff for the diagram

cheers
Dennis smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.