Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brian Redman, Vintage racing, Road America
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mlindner
This coming weekend, I will have my 914-6GT Tribute in the Saturday night Concourse event on the streets of Elkhart Lake, come by and say hi. Mark Lindner, Central WI region PCA.Click to view attachment
worn
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jul 10 2022, 12:07 PM) *

This coming weekend, I will have my 914-6GT Tribute in the Saturday night Concourse event on the streets of Elkhart Lake, come by and say hi. Mark Lindner, Central WI region PCA.Click to view attachment

My, my, that sure looks good. Job very well done. Thinking of driving mine up.
Freezin 914
I will stop by. Can’t wait to see you and your beautiful car again! beerchug.gif
mepstein
We used to maintain the Brian Redman Chevron at our shop. He drove it during one of his big events. Really cool car. About the size of a 914.

DBF
I'll see you there. I won't have the 914. The engine is still in pieces, so will be driving the 911.
SKL1
First race event I took my oldest son to was the vintage race at RA when he was 6. Perfect first race for a young boy- he still remembers the F40 he saw in the paddock.
Next summer he and I will take his son Jude (also 6) to the historics for his first race... can't wait!
Wish I was going this year- enjoy your 914 there. I still remember parking my 914 in Porsche Park in the summer of 1971, when it was still down by turn 5...
gereed75
A few years ago Brian was guest speaker at the VRG Jefferson 500. I asked him about the the Targa Florio video where he is featured driving g a 914 six during practice. One segment ends abruptly where he suddenly turns from the camera while driving at speed with a startled look on his face. There has been some speculation that an accident ensued..

He said no but at that second a dog had just run out onto the road in front of them.

He recalls that they missed it.

Fun guy still full of enthusiasm.
mb911
What time is the event? I might venture up that way though not with my car.
gms
I will be up there Saturday and Sunday, hope to see you guys there
mlindner
Ben, the Saturday Concourse is from 6 to 8 pm down town streets Elkhart Lake. Mark
mlindner
Would like to meet Worn, he is old...like me. Freezing, DBF, Ben and gms.
Glenn, Pete did my cams just before retirement. Best, Mark
worn
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jul 11 2022, 12:44 PM) *

Would like to meet Worn, he is old...like me. Freezing, DBF, Ben and gms.
Glenn, Pete did my cams just before retirement. Best, Mark

Well, maybe we can all aim for a time. I am old and in the way, so late into the evening…finds me asleep. The most important event will be the concours. Is it on the grass?
worn
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jul 11 2022, 05:11 AM) *

What time is the event? I might venture up that way though not with my car.

If you do, I will trade cash for the oil console that I signed up for. Maybe. If the schedules work.
Freezin 914
I will try to find a way to meet up with everyone. It would be nice to meet with some of the world again.
I will be around downtown Friday and Saturday. At the track most of the weekend. Hopefully getting my fuel lines in the next few days. Wanted to try and fix the car before the weekend.
mlindner
I believe the Concours is on the streets just like Friday night. Saturday afternoon we be at the Porsche Corral before turn one. Mark
gms
Let's try and meet by Mark's car at the Saturday night concours
Do you guys text?
mlindner
Glenn, I text a little but my number is 608-434-9146 for either text or call. Hope the weather holds out. Mark
Freezin 914
@gms

Yep, sent you my number.
vintage914racer
Great event. I’ve raced at it nearly every year for the last 20 years. Unfortunately I won’t be attending this year. Have fun!
DBF
I text, and sent you my number. I'll be at the track on Saturday as well.

Mark - what would be a good time to meet and are you thinking meet at your car, or somewhere before the show?
mlindner
I'll be parked in the Porsche Park mid day and will be driving the Touring laps at noon. We have friends from Door County with us so our day is quite full. And agian will be on the streets of Elkhart Lake from 6 to 8. Hope the rain hold off. Feel free to meet up with the others if that works. Should be fun. Mark Lindner, 35 years, Central WI PCA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.