Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifter question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Shivers
I had given up on a later side shift short shift kit. I only saw reference to used ones already installed into happy owners cars. I could not find one new or used. Last night I was going through my last box of parts and Holy Cow w00t.gif

Click to view attachment

Not sure what make, looks to be zinc plated. My question for you folks is does anyone know what the plate thickness is? I think it was 1/4". Thanks
Montreal914
There currently is a 915 Weltmeister for sale on eBay for $40, which includes the spacer! Is the spacer the same thickness as the one for the 901 gearbox? confused24.gif

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304462503532?hash=...TkAAOSwLEFiaG~d

As for spacer thickness, from this image taken from another eBay add for a 901 (911) or tail shift 914, the spacer thickness seems to be closer to 3/8" if not 1/2"...

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
@Shivers
The spacer needs to be as thick as the increased lenght of the short throw shifter. About 3/8".
Shivers
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 10 2022, 08:57 PM) *

@Shivers
The spacer needs to be as thick as the increased lenght of the short throw shifter. About 3/8".

Thank you, I'll measure them.
jcd914
The Weltmeister spacers are 1/2 inch thick.
One of the projects spread out on my bench right now.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.