Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid Me....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Puebloswatcop
Okay, I was stupid and didn't catalogue where this part came from. Can anyone help me out and guide me to where it goes? I can't find it in any of the diagrams but it seems to match up to the brake master cylinder....'74 914/4 with 1.8
Help Please...

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mgphoto
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Jul 11 2022, 09:56 AM) *

Okay, I was stupid and didn't catalogue where this part came from. Can anyone help me out and guide me to where it goes? I can't find it in any of the diagrams but it seems to match up to the brake master cylinder....

Help Please...

Click to view attachment

Model year of the car?
brant
I was going to guess that it is a spacer for the gear reduction small starter sold on ebay?

but can't tell if its large enough from the photo.

GeorgeKopf
If you qualify as "stupid" then so do I. I have several parts that I cannot figure out where they came from. I'm sure I'll be asking similar questions when the time comes.

Can you post a picture next to a known object so we can determine scale? Perhaps a pen or a quarter or a baseball?
mgphoto
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Jul 11 2022, 10:06 AM) *

Okay, I was stupid and didn't catalogue where this part came from. Can anyone help me out and guide me to where it goes? I can't find it in any of the diagrams but it seems to match up to the brake master cylinder....

Help Please...

Click to view attachment

Model year of the car?

For the vent under the dash # 914.572.265.10. 1972 and up.
Puebloswatcop
Sorry guys, guess it is difficult to see the size based on a picture with no size reference.

Click to view attachment

Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Jul 11 2022, 10:25 AM) *

Help Please...

Click to view attachment

Model year of the car?

When I pull up that number, it shows a plastic elbow......
rgalla9146

I agree it looks like it could fit the master... like a spacer.... but no such thing
is original there.
Any other cars in your garage....or home projects ?
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jul 11 2022, 11:36 AM) *

I agree it looks like it could fit the master... like a spacer.... but no such thing
is original there.
Any other cars in your garage....or home projects ?

I am kind of thinking along those lines as well. I have had several cars and am wondering if this came from a different car and got thrown in with the Porsche parts when they were sent to the plater......
mgphoto
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Jul 11 2022, 11:23 AM) *

Help Please...

Click to view attachment

Model year of the car?

This fits over the elbow to hold it in place, this and the elbow are one part number it seems.
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Jul 11 2022, 01:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Jul 11 2022, 11:23 AM) *

Help Please...

Click to view attachment

Model year of the car?

This fits over the elbow to hold it in place, this and the elbow are one part number it seems.

Thanks for your help....now I can put it with the parts it belongs to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.