Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Computer bogged down
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davep
We run Symantec/ Norton Corporate Anti-virus here. Auto updates. I found that a few computers here were bogged down by rtvscan.exe running the cpu at 99% for four hours. Unusual behaviour I have not seen before. Log off/ log on did not work. Did a cold boot and all is now fine. Had it been only my computer I would not have worried. Sounds like a bug in a new software update. If you find slow action, it may be worth checking.
SirAndy
QUOTE (davep @ Aug 4 2005, 03:21 PM)
Sounds like a bug in a new software update.

it's a known bug, i forget when and why it happens. there was a bug fix on their website for "NAV Corporate Edition 7.01" which is what i'm using ...

it wasn't downloaded through the auto-update feature, you had to go to their website and download it ...

dunno what version you run, but you should be able to find info on their website ...
type.gif Andy
redshift
Yaya, seen it... it's only really using like 6% resources, at most, it's just not clearing used memory, and the leak gets bigger, and bigger.

I always yank it off the network, and install another program. That is some shabby assed coding.

smile.gif

M
Root_Werks
No one at my work has figured that out yet. It just runs, leaks memory and sucks up workstation resources for a few hours. Sucks, but whatever. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.