Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great moments in Dealer ad writing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrmdir
"It has an overhauled engine with the fuel injection removed and replaced with the carburetor set up—this is recommended in most of the Porsche Forums."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175349346584?hash=...ABk9SR5jm_7y-YA

Jamie
QUOTE(jrmdir @ Jul 12 2022, 11:31 AM) *

"It has an overhauled engine with the fuel injection removed and replaced with the carburetor set up—this is recommended in most of the Porsche Forums."

And the color is "green!" confused24.gif
NARP74
This was on our local CL for a while, at $29,500, It's come down a bit.
Puebloswatcop
Evidentally they don't know much about these cars....
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I turn my nose up to every 914-4 with carbs and would NEVER buy one. They are usually abused as the owners easily gave up on the fuel injection, also the carbs are very hard on the engine wearing it out quickly.
wonkipop
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 12 2022, 02:49 PM) *

I turn my nose up to every 914-4 with carbs and would NEVER buy one. They are usually abused as the owners easily gave up on the fuel injection, also the carbs are very hard on the engine wearing it out quickly.

what about the euro 914 1.8 doc? smile.gif

but know what ya mean. beer3.gif
Ansbacher
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 12 2022, 04:49 PM) *

That's quite a statement- any facts/studies/numbers to back up that claim? Also, that's quite a broad brush you are using to describe carburetted 914 owners.

Ansbacher
76-914
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Jul 12 2022, 07:23 PM) *

That's quite a statement- any facts/studies/numbers to back up that claim? Also, that's quite a broad brush you are using to describe carburetted 914 owners.

Ansbacher

Remember when cars were toast after 100K? Carbs. Notice that when cars required low emissions they began to see 200K+. Why. Fuel injection. Carbs wash down the cylinder walls. I worked in a carb shop when I was a kid and I've got to agree with the doc on this one.
mrholland2
QUOTE(jrmdir @ Jul 12 2022, 12:31 PM) *

Not only did they follow the "recommendation", they used the wonderful single carb set up. (You have to go to their website to see it).

*sighs*
Lucky9146
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 12 2022, 07:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Jul 12 2022, 07:23 PM) *

Ansbacher

Remember when cars were toast after 100K? Carbs. Notice that when cars required low emissions they began to see 200K+. Why. Fuel injection. Carbs wash down the cylinder walls. I worked in a carb shop when I was a kid and I've got to agree with the doc on this one.

Thanks for weighing in with that information, makes sense. Still love my Webers on my 6 though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.